Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on a ride, I noticed my right front turn signal was flashing fast, rear right was doing nothing. Stopped at the auto parts store to pick up a pair of new ones. New bulb did the same thing. Swapped originals right to left, same thing. Where do I start looking for the problem?

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
right rear socket is the problem make sure you are getting black wire to ground continuity, bu/r wire is the voltage from the ECM. It is protected by a diode. So any back feed will pop the diode. If you have not changed your lights to LED you should be OK. dielectric grease in the socket to keep corrosion out. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
did you check to see if you was getting voltage to the bulb? harness under the seat to the fender. If the front bulb has power the diode is ok so it has to be the wire harness connection or the socket.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked, no power to the left signal. I guess it's time to pull the fender and see what's going on under there. Thanks. BTW, have a great Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help gibson. I'm glad I didn't need those schematics. When I took the fender off and looked at the wiring harness, I noticed both connectors for the left turn signal had come apart. I just plugged them back in, zip tied the rest of the wiring so it would stay behind the plastic shroud in the fender, and put it back together. It works! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts