Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing a rear under fender light bar style turn signal setup. I think when I went to test the lights before wrapping them up with shrink tube the right side pos and neg wires were touching. Im only guessing this because of my issue. I now have no power going to neither the front or rear turn signals. The left signals are fine. The green indicator light is flashing on my bars when the right signal is initialized, but no power at all to the signals. My bike is an 07 Vegas. Any sugestions on where to start with this one? Thanks!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I was installing a rear under fender light bar style turn signal setup. I think when I went to test the lights before wrapping them up with shrink tube the right side pos and neg wires were touching. Im only guessing this because of my issue. I now have no power going to neither the front or rear turn signals. The left signals are fine. The green indicator light is flashing on my bars when the right signal is initialized, but no power at all to the signals. My bike is an 07 Vegas. Any sugestions on where to start with this one? Thanks!
Check turn signal fuse - if you did short it during the install, the fuse would have blown. If fuse is not blown, are you aware the right side turn signal is wired backwards (reversed polarity)?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check turn signal fuse - if you did short it during the install, the fuse would have blown. If fuse is not blown, are you aware the right side turn signal is wired backwards (reversed polarity)?
Fuse is fine. Swapped out relays with the fuel pump relay. Relay is fine. I did notice that when I put the right turn signal on that the turn signals on the right quickly on for a split second, then nothing. When I turn on the emergency flashers only the left side blinks.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Fuse is fine. Swapped out relays with the fuel pump relay. Relay is fine. I did notice that when I put the right turn signal on that the turn signals on the right quickly on for a split second, then nothing. When I turn on the emergency flashers only the left side blinks.
Is the new blinker system LED? If yes, did you add a load equalizer or resistors?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the new blinker system LED? If yes, did you add a load equalizer or resistors?
The front and rear are both led. And no I didn't add either I've had LEDs on front and back for a while. These rears i was installing were just a different style. Rear is disconnected right now. I'm using a meter to look for voltage.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
The front and rear are both led. And no I didn't add either I've had LEDs on front and back for a while. These rears i was installing were just a different style. Rear is disconnected right now. I'm using a meter to look for voltage.
Voltage will very likely be okay. Sounds like you will need a load equalizer or replace your flasher relay - even though the previous lights worked, they might have had a resistor added.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Voltage will very likely be okay. Sounds like you will need a load equalizer or replace your flasher relay - even though the previous lights worked, they might have had a resistor added.
I'm not sure you understand. There is zero voltage on the right side front and rear. And the left side is working perfectly. Why would one side have power and not the other?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I'm not sure you understand. There is zero voltage on the right side front and rear. And the left side is working perfectly. Why would one side have power and not the other?
Well, you said they flash briefly, and then they go dormant. That suggests a load issue. Could be a poor ground as well. The left and right are wired independently, so you might have a poor ground on the right side. Check continuity of the wires - check voltage inside the headlight bucket, where the turn signal wires leave from.

·
Registered
329 Posts
From another forum....

As a community service to fellow members changing their turn signals, be sure to check the polarity of the front right turn signal leads inside the headlight before connecting the new turn signal. Failure to do so may result in a need to replace the pricey ACM module.

On mine (a 2012), this doesn't matter... but depending on what year you have, you may have blown your ACM (auto cancel module)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. It looks like that's what happened here. Anyone know where I can get one? I sent a MSG to Honda if Toledo but nothing yet. I've looked on eBay, nothing. Every place else it's at least $275. What a bummer.

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yeah. It looks like that's what happened here. Anyone know where I can get one? I sent a MSG to Honda if Toledo but nothing yet. I've looked on eBay, nothing. Every place else it's at least $275. What a bummer.
ACMPart # 4011713 - $229 @ Noemtz: http://www.noemtz.com/purevictoryparts.htm
and/or call Kate at Honda of East Toledo (Phone: 419-891-1230, x20) and ask for a quote.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
ACMPart # 4011713 - $229 @ Noemtz: http://www.noemtz.com/purevictoryparts.htm
and/or call Kate at Honda of East Toledo (Phone: 419-891-1230, x20) and ask for a quote.
Thanks CRcheers...but I am fresh out. The last time I checked.....about a month ago.... Polaris supplier said that they are on supply delay....which just means that they are on back order and do not know for sure when they will be sending them out. Could have possibly changed status by now....so will check again tomorrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you look on ebay or try that Arizona dealer
I did look on eBay. Nothing. Yes Polaris still has them on backorder. Supposed to be released the end of oct. It's a shame spending over 200 bux for a stupid blinker fix. I may just rewrite them old school if I can't find this part.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had the same exact issue as you ended up being one of the front signal wires were bare and rubbing against the frame. Make sure to trace the turn signal wires and check for any bare spots.

Try disconnecting one turn signal at a time and see if it makes any difference in the operation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had the same exact issue as you ended up being one of the front signal wires were bare and rubbing against the frame. Make sure to trace the turn signal wires and check for any bare spots.

Try disconnecting one turn signal at a time and see if it makes any difference in the operation.
To finalize this post, I purchased an acm, just installed it and everything works as it should. My lights blink fast, and I will get a load equalizer shortly. I also have my old acm if anyone needs one for diagnostic purposes. The right side blinkers front and rear are what is fried on mine. Thanks for all the help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts