Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed some new LED bullet lights in the rear with a load equalizer on my '06 Jackpot. Everything seems to work fine. But only when I am on the battery only. When I start the bike I may get one blink then the indicator goes to fast blink but no signals of any kind. I was under the impression that if it's a blown ACM that only one signal may work. But everything works normal when on battery only voltage.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wires crossed... switch your "hot" wires.
are you referring to the leads at the bulb??

I talked to the tech at Signal Dynamics who make this particular load equalizer. He says is something specific to the 06-09 Victorys that they haven't figured out yet but it is a common problem. Sounded weird to me. Maybe I should try another brand load equalizer.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
are you referring to the leads at the bulb??

I talked to the tech at Signal Dynamics who make this particular load equalizer. He says is something specific to the 06-09 Victorys that they haven't figured out yet but it is a common problem. Sounded weird to me. Maybe I should try another brand load equalizer.
I believe he is referring to the front right side blinker....the polarity is switched for some reason on that one from factory.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So,,

update is this. Things all work normally with the load equalizer off, just the fast flash.

Interesting tidbit, if I hook up only the positive leads on the load equalizer and leave the ground off. I get normal turn signals but fast flash on the hazard lights. Couldn't tell you why, but thats where we're at so far.

I ordered a Küryakn load eq and I'll see where that gets us

·
Registered
396 Posts
strech,
if you still have problems you might try to order a
"heavy duty" load equalizer from powermotorcycleparts.com
that is what i had to do to get mine working properly.:crzy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Need help

Hey guys. Just bought signals for all corners for my new Hammer.

Afraid I already messed it up.

Of course the guys who sold them included no instructions at all.

The bullet lights come with only ONE wire, while the factory lights have TWO wires. Can somebody explain this?

How do you wire this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Hey guys. Just bought signals for all corners for my new Hammer.

Afraid I already messed it up.

Of course the guys who sold them included no instructions at all.

The bullet lights come with only ONE wire, while the factory lights have TWO wires. Can somebody explain this?

How do you wire this?

Thanks!
Figure out which one goes to ground and use the other wire in your new lights. If there's a problem; run a ground wire from somewhere in the bulb to where it is now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Figure out which one goes to ground and use the other wire in your new lights. If there's a problem; run a ground wire from somewhere in the bulb to where it is now.
Don't laugh but you are beyond my electrical knowledge. The factory wires: one is black and the other is blue/red.

The aftermarket lights have one wire, wrapped in a white sheath.

Seems like a lot of work to add a ground?

I recall replacing some lights on a Suzuki years ago and the wires matched. Two wires to two wires.

·
13,242 Posts
With one wire on your new lights sounds like its a running light and not a turn signal/run
Long as you don't have a photo or a web site were guessing.

I don't see how you ever get that light to work with out two wires. You know one for ground and one for power.

Never do electrical of any sort with out a test light or meter.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
With one wire on your new lights sounds like its a running light and not a turn signal/run
Long as you don't have a photo or a web site were guessing.

I don't see how you ever get that light to work with out two wires. You know one for ground and one for power.

Never do electrical of any sort with out a test light or meter.
Just wondering if anyone else that may have an opinion on this, Maybe KevinX?? I orders some billet signals also that came with just one wire, no instructions, and have not had the time to install. I got them of ebay and I know that is was from a motorcycle shop retailer whose potential buyer decided not to go with them so that is why they were selling them on ebay, but I know they said they can be installed as turn signals, can they be without a ground? Thanks for anyone's opinion on the matter.

Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lights that have only one wire coming out is the hot/positive, the ground is the casing/ housing of the fixture. They have to be mounted on metal surface. You have to make sure it is mounted on bare metal. The bu/rd is the hot, the bk is your ground. Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Lights that have only one wire coming out is the hot/positive, the ground is the casing/ housing of the fixture. They have to be mounted on metal surface. You have to make sure it is mounted on bare metal. The bu/rd is the hot, the bk is your ground. Hope it helps.
I agree, but it doesn't explain how it works with only battery power. If it doesn't have a ground connection it shouldn't work at all. He also noted that the case is white. That's an odd color for a metal used to ground an electrical connection.

Since the original poster doesn't have any electrical knowledge, it would behoove him to post some pictures of what he doing, rather than guess.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have put those little bullet lights on my harley as one of the replys said it has a single wire which is hot so lets say you mount it on a fender strut the strut must be grounded for the light to work if you were you are putting the light were there isnt grounded take apart the light they are very easy to take apart pull the socket out and attach another wire to outside of the socket and that will be you ground wire.there will be alittle screw that holds the socket to the inside of the light just loosen the screw and wrap a wire around the screw tighten and there is your ground and will work fine

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree, but it doesn't explain how it works with only battery power. If it doesn't have a ground connection it shouldn't work at all. He also noted that the case is white. That's an odd color for a metal used to ground an electrical connection.

Since the original poster doesn't have any electrical knowledge, it would behoove him to post some pictures of what he doing, rather than guess.
Macpilot stated "The aftermarket lights have one wire, wrapped in a white sheath", I think thats what you meant. Anyway, Stretch20's last post was 18th of May. Did you ever get it working with a new equalizer? After looking at wiring diagrams I can't see how it wouldn't work in run or batt. The relay appears to pick up regardless. I believe its the way he/she is hooking up equal. I have led signal no equal with no problems, sure its fast flash but I dont mind that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts