Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back rear signal wasn't working. Bike had been lowered and I could see the wires were bare. I pulled the harness down found the issue wired it up tested and all signals worked. I taped it up zip tied it up under the fender. Thought I heard a pop from up front but ignored it. Test signals again and now neither on the right side work. Neither front nor back. I checked the fuses and they were fine. What am I missing?

Ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
My back rear signal wasn't working. Bike had been lowered and I could see the wires were bare. I pulled the harness down found the issue wired it up tested and all signals worked. I taped it up zip tied it up under the fender. Thought I heard a pop from up front but ignored it. Test signals again and now neither on the right side work. Neither front nor back. I checked the fuses and they were fine. What am I missing?

Ideas?
Something cross connected or went to ground. Possibly fried your ACM.:(

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I found on searches I am figuring the ACM. Especially since I heard a pop from that area.

So you will probably be seeing an order come in soon. I am gonna rip all that wiring out first and rewire it then see what works and doesn't first.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Something cross connected or went to ground. Possibly fried your ACM.:(
Correct ! thumb up

Any, and I mean even the briefest of a short will fry the uber sensitive ACM ! Say goodbye to $250....

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Open it up, it may only have a damaged copper track on the board. Resolder it, but fix the fault first.
Sealed unit...can't repair. Tried figuring ways of dissolving the epoxy without damaging the rest of the electronics....so far...no luck.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts