Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, as we all know, when you actuate the turn signal. it either cancels when you turn, cancels after a certain amount of time, or cancels when you cancel it.

This works well most of the time, but sometimes when I am riding the freeways, and merely changing lanes, there is a minor issue. The auto cancel doesn't work because i haven't turned, and I get distracted by traffic and forget to cancel. Ultimately it will cancel on its own, but I dislike having the turn signal on when I have no intention of turning.

SO, today, I discovered a feature I was unaware of. When actuating the turn signal, if you hold it on for a second or more, when you release the button, the turn signal stops immediately:cool:. Great for when I am am filtering thru traffic.

Yes, this is mentioned in the Owner's manual, but who reads the part on turn signals?

Please note, I did entitle this "trivia".

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yes, it's a nice feature, especially for lane changing, as you've mentioned. thumb up I did read the manual about it. Couldn't sleep the first night when I got my XR, so I read the entire owners manual, including the turn signals part. :eek:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Actually what you said is in the owners manual in regard to holding the switch.

Per the owners manual, "at speeds over 15mph, cancellation will occur based on distance traveled".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts