Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Jackpot that most of the time when using the turn signals, they auto cancel before I even get up to the intersection. Anyone have this same issue? Anyone know the cause and solution for this? It's the factory auto-cancel system. I really don't want to have to install an after market auto-cancel system. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 2012 Vegas does the exact same thing. My riding buddy on his HD was noticing it the other day. Flipped on the turn signal, straightened up to make the turn, and something about going from a slight lean to straight up seems to cancel the signal. I'm not entirely sure what exactly triggers the auto-cancel but I kinda wish I could disable it...

·
13,251 Posts
You just have to read your owners manual really close.
You will find that you have to push the button a certain way and it will stay on for you. Then the trick is to do it not every time it works till you get it down pat.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Mine does the same thing. It seems it I press it over and hold it for a split second or so it works fine. A quick move and it goes off pretty quick. Ah another little quirk.:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just bought my Hammer so I am no expert but on my first day I noticed this happening too. I have found that it has to do with the rpm. If you use engine braking then when the rpms rise the bike thinks you are accelerating and cancels.
This is what I think happens, like I said I haven't spent enough time with the bike to know for sure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just bought my Hammer so I am no expert but on my first day I noticed this happening too. I have found that it has to do with the rpm. If you use engine braking then when the rpms rise the bike thinks you are accelerating and cancels.
This is what I think happens, like I said I haven't spent enough time with the bike to know for sure.
I should hope this isn't the case, or else it wouldn't stay on when you are merging onto the interstate, or switching lanes and speeding up, etc. But who knows, I've been wrong before and I'll probably be wrong again.

·
Registered
679 Posts
If you push and hold the switch for over 1 - 2 seconds, it goes of as soon as you release the switch. If you just push and instantly release the switch it will remain on for a while. I think how long it remains on is speed sensitive. If you are traveling at 80 MPH it doesn't remain on very long. But if you are coming off the interstate making a turn while traveling 25 MPH or so it remains on much longer. At least that is the way that it works om my Vic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts