Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's a year and a couple weeks since I picked up the red bike. I got the recall notice in the mail yesterday. The luggage rack/ backrest one. Been out for months and reported on this site as well as being online on the gummint recall site.

Not my issue, no have the lock and ride gear in question.

Anyway, as I looked at the envelope it dawned on me, this is the onliest correspondence Spirit Lake has bothered postage on and that because fed regs demand it.

I got a few Harley mugs with my name and the date and bike I bought engraved on them, courtesy Milwaukee. A faux bronze plaque or two as well sent after I bought other Harleys. I got a tent and some directors chairs from Chevy when I bought the Queen's Avalanche, trips to events for Lincoln owners only when we bought TC's. Indian sent me a doodad every month (two months actually before they tanked) one was a p-pad and I forget what else. Ford sent me emergency kits for my trucks and on it goes. I didn't ask for or expect wampum for being the customer. Had there been a way I could have snipped cash off the deal and they keep their trinkets I would have. But their aftersale policy to offer kitch gratis is OK and that ongoing personal touch after the deal is done does plant the seed for future deals (or they wouldn't bother). Hell, all of them that had mailed me stuff also used my address to mail me come ons for oil changes and tires and storage and so forth so they had a vested interest in meeting me at the mailbox.

I guess Polaris takes a different perspective. A year has passed and my relationship with Victory is a recall notice. I do not recollect ever receiving any acknowledgement from Polaris when I bought wheelers either.

Oh well. Guess I'll cross the CEO off my Xmas card list.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yaah. Pop don't need any more pins or clutter.
When these corps enter into franchise deals generally they maintain a central database of owners and make that data available to their franchisees.
I did get a good price from the dealer. More's the reason to keep me in the loop. You sell Barbie for short money and then hawk the clothes at retail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts