Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How-To for installation of torque tubes and iav on a jackpot

Here is a how-to for installing Lloydz torque tubes and the iav on a jackpot.

I hunted for a good thread showing step by step and came up with nil. So I decided to write one. Because it is so many pictures, written on a phpbb board, there is no way I'm writing this a second time.

It is on a not-for-profit ad-free motorcycle message board local to me and I am not advertising for membership. I apologize if this is not allowed, but I did check the rules first. If it is indeed not allowed, please feel free to remove the thread.

Victory 106 Intake Install Part 1: Lloydz Torque Tubes

Victory 106 Intake Install Part 2: Lloydz IAV

Some highlights:

1. I did both over two days.
2. I made a gasket instead of using RTV.
3. I trimmed the IAV tube half an inch to avoid pinching a wiring harness.
4. I had to remove the map sensor to access an intake bolt, this step is not included in the instructions.
5. There are over 30 hi-res pics and step-by-step instructions for each important step.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to put this up, I may be needing it soon.
Whats your opinions on the upgrade and would you have any before/after dyno sheets by any chance?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I haven't even had time to test ride yet. It has been raining all weekend :(

The engine is definitely louder - there is hissing at idle which sounds awesome. It sounds like a typical cold air intake on a auto.

Next step for me is to have it tuned on a dyno - which should give a graph.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Jsims, you are the man!!! Thanks for posting stuff like this. Always a help to all considering this mod.

For your IAV instructions you finish off with "Please note: you will need to set your IAV and reset your idle air solenoid before you crank up your engine.!"

Can you elaborate on how to reset your idle air solenoid?

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Jsims, you are the man!!! Thanks for posting stuff like this. Always a help to all considering this mod.

For your IAV instructions you finish off with "Please note: you will need to set your IAV and reset your idle air solenoid before you crank up your engine.!"

Can you elaborate on how to reset your idle air solenoid?
Yes please?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it is said on the web that anytime the idle air solenoid is disconnected, it must relearn itself. So basically, you turn the key on, set the kill switch to run, but do not start the engine. After the fuel pump cycles, turn the key off, and wait until you hear/fell the idle air solenoid vibrate/rattle. It is distinctive. Then you can crank up and go.

This is it resetting itself and it does this everytime you turn it off. I noticed a crappy idle the first time I cranked it up and better idle to second time. Then a google search showed up threads talking this.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Well, it is said on the web that anytime the idle air solenoid is disconnected, it must relearn itself. So basically, you turn the key on, set the kill switch to run, but do not start the engine. After the fuel pump cycles, turn the key off, and wait until you hear/fell the idle air solenoid vibrate/rattle. It is distinctive. Then you can crank up and go.

This is it resetting itself and it does this everytime you turn it off. I noticed a crappy idle the first time I cranked it up and better idle to second time. Then a google search showed up threads talking this.
ok , yeah, thats right..........I had to do that after I fitted the Ness airbox/ filter

·
13,177 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
They didnt say what to do with the IAT and MAP sensors either. i was confused at first about the pressure sensor until i realized it's not a true MAP sensor, because it's outside the throttle bodies instead of inside. so it's technically an atmospheric pressure sensor i guess.

so i tied them up as closely to the filters as possible.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Wow, great job with the write ups. All of them !

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
They didnt say what to do with the IAT and MAP sensors either. i was confused at first about the pressure sensor until i realized it's not a true MAP sensor, because it's outside the throttle bodies instead of inside. so it's technically an atmospheric pressure sensor i guess.

so i tied them up as closely to the filters as possible.
Is that the two hoses that connect to the airbox/ or filter in my case? Strange theres no mention in Lloyds instructions.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Is that the two hoses that connect to the airbox/ or filter in my case? Strange theres no mention in Lloyds instructions.
On second thoughts as Lloyds specify a fuel controller be used with TTs, I presume my power commander V, now overides any signals from the bike to the Victorys fuelling "brain"
That would make sense wouldnt it?

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Rang Lloydz tonight//or this Tuesday morning your NY time, and ordered my Torque Tubes with blue filters (to match my bike) and the IAV.
Just gotta wait for the postman now:)
Then fit 'em and back up to Steve at Powerhouse Dyno Tuning.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Rang Lloydz tonight//or this Tuesday morning your NY time, and ordered my Torque Tubes with blue filters (to match my bike) and the IAV.
Just gotta wait for the postman now:)
Then fit 'em and back up to Steve at Powerhouse Dyno Tuning.
Cut airbox out first while your waiting for the TT's. Saves a lot of time.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Cut airbox out first while your waiting for the TT's. Saves a lot of time.
yeah sure!...and ride around without an airbox while I'm waiting for it to arrive?.....thats crazy:crzy:

actually I cut it out a couple of months ago ,
and fitted a Ness filter/airbox, ....I'm just upgrading for more Torque and Power now I can afford to...also ease of servicing the filters.

My Ness filter is up for grabs if any Aussies are interested, good unit, flows nice, good fat torque curve and great intake roar once you get up it! , PM me if interested before I EvilBAY it.

attached pix and dyno sheet after fitting it and bike has Freedom Slash pipes, 4 deg Advance wheel, and PCV , plus the NESS filter.
That's on a 100 cuber .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Just checked my PO Box...parcel from U.S.A. ...Lloydz..hehehe!:)
Torque Tubes and IAV have arrived!:D
Blue filters to match the Vegas.
Gonna fit em up this wet weekend then get the bike down to Steve at Powerhouse Dyno Nerang and he can work his magic in the tuning dept.
Am I happy? you fkn betthumb up

feel a bit sorry for those owners caught up in this recall business,
not good for them, nor for Victory,
hope everyone comes through it okay.
Can't help but feel its gonna sour a few people on what really is a great bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
I recommend while doing this to also install a PCV.

Install went well. Jsims instructions are far better than Lloydz. Getting the throttle body off and on was a royal pain because I didn't have the proper tools. Best tool I found was short radius or otherwise called stubby allen key set. I used OEM certified sensor safe RTV gasket maker by Permetex.

Install took me 2.5 hours from install to bikes ready to ride again. I had to adjust my IAV to about 5 turns out. Tank was already off.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just checked my PO Box...parcel from U.S.A. ...Lloydz..hehehe!:)
Torque Tubes and IAV have arrived!:D
Blue filters to match the Vegas.
Gonna fit em up this wet weekend then get the bike down to Steve at Powerhouse Dyno Nerang and he can work his magic in the tuning dept.
Am I happy? you fkn betthumb up

feel a bit sorry for those owners caught up in this recall business,
not good for them, nor for Victory,
hope everyone comes through it okay.
Can't help but feel its gonna sour a few people on what really is a great bike.
What is this recall you are mentioning? Anything I should be worried about?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts