Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd start a thread for those of us who like particular TV shows and movies to compare notes. Soon the new Star Wars movie will be out and will be wondering what other think of it.

I just watched a new Sci-Fi series called 'The Expanse' and must say it looks pretty good so far IMHO. Anyone else catch it yet?

Project Free Tv - The Expanse Season 1 Episode 1

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I've never seen the movie, so I couldn't tell you if they were similar. I can tell you one thing, we don't talk like them in the movie and TV show

·
13,185 Posts
First season of Faro was great. Murder mystery that keep you guessing

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
:I agree:

I'm a fan of Fargo, both seasons, but more so the first. No particular reason, just do. Lately I have gotten into the show Legends, starring Sean Bean. Has right mix of action and drama. Intriguing story.

·
Premium Member
13,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:I agree:

I'm a fan of Fargo, both seasons, but more so the first. No particular reason, just do. Lately I have gotten into the show Legends, starring Sean Bean. Has right mix of action and drama. Intriguing story.
I guess I'll have to check out Fargo from the beginning. I've been watching legends too. Pretty good so far.

I've watched 2 episodes of the man in the high castle on Amazon prime and it is crap.

I thought it started out good but then went flat then picked back up in the 3rd episode. That's as far as I got with it though.

I'm particular about starting to watch a new show ever since getting hooked on Lost and it having a terrible terrible ending.

I'm getting somewhat interested in badlands.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm kinda liking that show. The government should watch it, so they know what happens when you ban guns.
Badlands is keeping my interest too so far. You would think they would figure out guns from an old book or something but I guess for the show - no gun zone.

I like the feisty badass daughter of the lady baron. I'm rooting for her to do good things.

The Expanse had two more episodes available to watch tonight and I watched both of them. Good effects and story line. Best Sci-Fi I've seen in a while on TV.

I guess there have been traffic jams in Los Angeles where the new Star Wars movie is playing. Early reviews sound promising. Those coming out of the theater are saying it's as good as the very first one that got the series going and got so many interested. Most people I've talked to think the 3 prequels were okay but the acting basically sucked. What do you fellow Sci-fi nuts think?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
My opinion is that a bad Star Wars movie is still better than 99% of the new movies coming out so the prequels would be more than worth my $6.50 each to see if they came out today. Yeah, I live where there are really inexpensive movies.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I really liked the first SW movie and like older guys do, I remember more that happened around that time of the movie than what happened last week.

The public now demands better everything in long running movie sequels like this one. They had to get it right and looks like they did with all the chatter going on. I doubt I'll see it in the theater since we just spent mega bucks on a new samsung 55 inch smart tv and sound system. Me and wife's Christmas present to each other. Very nice device.

I really need to be moving around more than just sitting glued to something that really grabs your attention. I also will get a new recliner this Friday. That's right! I've been a good boy. :angel :grin

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I like the American Horror Story Series . The first season was epic !

·
Premium Member
13,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really need to be moving around more than just sitting glued to something that really grabs your attention. I also will get a new recliner this Friday. That's right! I've been a good boy.
Ironic much? So will that recliner get your attention and get you glued to it? :D

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Saw the new James Bond movie Spectre at the Drive in movies coupla weeks ago.
Dont watch TV.
Watched a DVD doco on Amy Winehouse, beautiful voice and such a sad waste to alcohol and drugs and love.
A deadly combination.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wife and I have been following Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and now Chicago Med since the beginning. 3 of the best weekly shows going IMO. Really enjoy the "cross-over" episodes where they integrate some parts from each.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I watch the American Horror Story series also. It seems that every season tends to get worse and worse, though. I do like how they incorporate some real history into each season.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I watched 1982 version of The Thing again over the weekend with Kurt Russell. I've seen it several times and I still get a real kick outta it. My daughter and her boyfriend watched the last half of it and we had great fun watching my baby girl squirm and hide her eyes. :devil

I bet it was a great date movie in its time.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts