Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never thought I'd see these two items from Ma Vic. I always thought it would be good advertising and HD has done it for eons... A trailer hitch cover and a window sticker set with the updated Victory logo. I know we could get non-official stuff like that off of e-Bay, but these are genuine Ma Vic stuff.......Part numbers 2863609 and 2863590. Picked them up at a Victory dealer in Calgary. I can take pics if you wish....wac

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I like my XR but I refuse to give free advertising to any company. I have always chuckled at the guys and girls running around with a HD logo on the back of their Camrys and Accords. A Vic logo on the back car glass just seems to be trying to hard to be like HD as well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
almost afraid to ask what the price is...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with you about the advertising to a degree. I certainly take off the dealer stickers from the vehicles I have owned in the past. Same with the motorcycles...... But somehow, with the HD logo out there everywhere, and when people still ask me what a Victory is and who makes it, I thought I was doing my part for brand recognition by doing some advertising....the hitch cover was made in Saskatchewan, decals from Korea and there were 7 of them. Decals $17.00 CDN and the hitch was $30.00 CDN. I think they look great on my Ram. thumb up

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like my XR but I refuse to give free advertising to any company. I have always chuckled at the guys and girls running around with a HD logo on the back of their Camrys and Accords. A Vic logo on the back car glass just seems to be trying to hard to be like HD as well.
So I'm curious, do you not wear any clothing with a company or team logo on it? No NFL/NBA/MLB etc? No beer shirts or shirts with bands, hats with the name off a golf ball manufacturer or even your buddy's business? If you have any of those, you are helping promote the business. It's not free of course, they paid to manufacturer that stuff.

I ask because I make my living manufacturing that stuff and I'm darn glad that there are millions and millions of people that have no problem wearing someone's image/brand/message.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took some pics... I'll download them later......

·
Registered
781 Posts
I would put the Victory stickers on my car- if for no other reason- just to annoy the aforementioned Accord drivers with HD on their cars.

I don't mind the free advertising in exchange for letting other bikers know that I took the road less traveled. In the unlikely event that my sticker sells another Victory to someone that maybe I can ride with- good.

Sorry- but the whole "what's in it for me" thing is kind of silly to me.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I removed the Vic badges from my bike for looks but I have to say that on almost every ride someone asks me what model harley my 8ball is. Amuses the heck out of me. I always let them know that it's a Vic and talk a while if the situation permits. Victory gets plenty of free advertising out of me in this way but I choose not to wear logos if I can avoid it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
So I'm curious, do you not wear any clothing with a company or team logo on it? No NFL/NBA/MLB etc? No beer shirts or shirts with bands, hats with the name off a golf ball manufacturer or even your buddy's business? If you have any of those, you are helping promote the business. It's not free of course, they paid to manufacturer that stuff.

I ask because I make my living manufacturing that stuff and I'm darn glad that there are millions and millions of people that have no problem wearing someone's image/brand/message.

Yes, that is correct. I do wear t-shirts with my college on it so you got me there. I also have one Vic shirt that the dealership gave me to of course advertise for them.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I will wear something with a logo if it is small and tasteful looking. I havent seen much by Vic that fits that bill. I would really like to paint over the Victory stuff on the sides of my Highball tank. I would love to get rid of all the 106" garbage on it as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess that means the Ford 150 Harley Davidson Edition is a no then?
Well then... that just means ya gotta put these on her and watch people do the Linda Blair head turn thing....:ltr:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just as soon as athletes and the companies they work for pay to wear outfits emblazoned with logoed gear from companies I work for and people I respect, then Pop may reconsider whether to spend my cash promoting and subsidizing them. I see men and women every day that risk life and limb and all they look for is a wage to make their bills. They ain't rocket scientists and they don't get face time on TV, they just build this country and take their pay and yep, most of them look forward to Sunday afternoon watching a game in their jerseys with a few buds and a few Buds (and maybe a few buds, I am in Colorado you know. Besides these Bronco fans need whatever anesthesia they can get.)

I'm sitting in my barcolounger right now in my Harley sweats- gift, and my longsleeve lounging tee with the Carhartt C stitched on the pocket- gift. I got a bunch of stuff with logos on it, 99% motorcycle stuff that folks have got for me because they figure I'll like it. I do. It's tokens of affection but I don't care one whit about the stuff it says on it.

I did buy a Victory logoed leather. It was a clearance jacket, a hundred bucks I think for a triple X, spring/fall weight with a drop tail which I like. Victory in big reflective block lettering across the back. I like to think that when I wear it car drivers at night don't have a clue what it means and figure I'm as unglued as Charlie Sheen and his Winning bit. Now that I think about it I should get some of that reflective material and have a stitcher put "over anorexia" under the Victory lettering. Nah, already been done.

Hey, guys like Meeve are making a living too. More power to you squeezing a buck out of a pretty cutthroat business. It's what makes the wheels turn. Just not my buck but I doubt my buck matters. Logos is big money.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
So far I wear jackets and helmets with logos on them because I have yet to find a good jacket or helmet without a logo. I own a few t-shirts with logos that I never wear because I just don't wear t-shirts. They were all gifts or freebees. I seldom wear a ball cap and have never bought one. All of the ones I have were promotionals by the supplier and they paid for them, not me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Wow, I didn't think this would bring out the politics in people.....I just put it on my truck because I'm proud that I ride and I'm proud to ride a Victory and not be in the herd. I understand the points that others have made and I respect their opinions. I just never looked at it that way or as strongly as some I guess.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
If putting a bunch of Victory logos on your truck makes you feel better then that is what you should do. If I put a logo for every piece of equipment and toys I have then I wouldn't be able to see out the back window!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think for victory or Indian to survive like harley has they need to get more into the marketing side of it. The dealer network harley has is only there because of the non motorcycle items they sell. If you look at harley financials, most of there money comes from there retail not there service or motorcycle sales.

Now I probably would not put stickers all over my truck, but would not minds some cool shirts. I think some of the HD shirts are flat awesome. I have a Vic Shop, and a 2012 Victory Sturgis shirt. I would love to have more.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I think for victory or Indian to survive like harley has they need to get more into the marketing side of it.
I agree. While I'm not a big subscriber, I do realize that humans have evolved to be a tribal bunch and there's money to be made selling them the illusion that they belong to one.

But if companies can afford $8 million dollar per minute advertisements on TV, seems like the least they could do is throw in a tee shirt, hat, or window sticker for us walking bill boards.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts