Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mainly just because I'm curious.

Why can't you ride the XR without the bags on it? Does it have to do with aerodynamics?

I'm thinking about getting new exhaust tips. Other than looking funny is there anything wrong with running for a couple of days with no tips on the end? Just the short pipe coming out of the Witchdoctor no baffle muffs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think you answered your own question when you said "other than looking funny".

You can ride your bike without the saddlebags, it just does not look right. Same with the tips on your pipes.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assumed there must be more to it than that with the bags. There's warning stickers on the bike that give me the impression that it might be a safety issue.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I rode mine around to warm it up before servicing once, felt like a completely different bike.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I can see the next silly question coming up soon: Can you ride it with only one saddlebag on? :p I guess you can, as long as the fashion police doesn't catch you.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You can ride without bags but it's going to look like crap and you can ride without tips but you risk having your bags melted.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Handlebar reach

Hey man since you're a new XR owner if you've noticed you're reaching too far for handlebars there is a cheap fix. XC handlebars will give you almost 3" more pullback and you can install them with the OEM cables. The Clutch Cable/Front Brake Line/Cruise Control Wiring will need to be rerouted through the trees andte worse part of the install is bleeding the front brakes (start with the left brake and pump slowly). Someone just posted XC handlebars in the classifieds if you're interested, if not pass the info to the next new XR owner.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?p=85866#post85866

·
Registered
205 Posts
I put the new 2" pullback on my 12 XR really like the way it rides. Now I just need to get my Utopia backrest next week and I'll be ready to make the long haul. Oh my the way. Anyone have trouble with their seat coming apart? My seat at the seams between the driver and passenger are starting to come apart. They look like three white dots on each side of where the backrest should be. Called the dealer and he said he had to call victory to see what could be done? I tried to attach a photo Anyone have any advice about my seat? Appreciate the help. Ride safe....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
A member on another forums (sounds like thedog) had it happen twice. Victory replaced it the first time and I think he traded the bike in after the second time.

If it's still under warranty and they say they won't replace it tell them that you can send it to a seat shop to get it fixed but they'll have to cover shipping and repair.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the offer ammo, but I'm tall and long armed. That's why I fell in love with the XR. Even leaning against my new Grasshopper backrest, I can reach the grips fine. :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Anyone have trouble with their seat coming apart? My seat at the seams between the driver and passenger are starting to come apart. They look like three white dots on each side of where the backrest should be. Called the dealer and he said he had to call victory to see what could be done? I tried to attach a photo Anyone have any advice about my seat? Appreciate the help. Ride safe....
a few stitches came loose on my XR when it was just a few days old. Took it to the dealer, they said the same thing. They took some pics, sent them to Victory. They replaced the seat, no prob.

They also screwed up a bit, & sent a XC seat, which has a wider passenger area. The stock XR seat is set up for the soft leather saddlebags, which require the narrower passenger seat. Having the hard bags, I was/am happy with the XC seat!

·
13,002 Posts
This is mainly just because I'm curious.

Why can't you ride the XR without the bags on it? Does it have to do with aerodynamics?

I'm thinking about getting new exhaust tips. Other than looking funny is there anything wrong with running for a couple of days with no tips on the end? Just the short pipe coming out of the Witchdoctor no baffle muffs?

Thanks!
Go for it take your bags off and ride. Make sue there are no hanging wires or any thing that will cause problems.
Ride the way you want to not the way others what you to. thumb up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts