1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Gravity never sleeps.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Sorry mate .... Yes my mate droped the vision 2 times on the beach and no damage whatsoever ... Amazing bike that Vision

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow you ok? I am sorry you got to experience this first hand.
Yeah, I am fine. Pretty slow speed. I tucked in and stayed seated. Buddy I was riding with who was on a Harley was AMAZED there was zero damage. He was ahead of me and thought there would be a pretty good damage. ;)

Two other things;

1) look where you want to go (I know this, but was looking at the muddy area instead...)

2) Turn the damned bike!

Guess who has spent the last three evenings in an empty parking lot working on slow speed handling... The shadow was only about 550 pounds. I could man handle it. The Vision is over 850.

Lesson learned.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Somehow I knew Rollin' would bring out his playing-in-the-mud pics :)

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Haaaaaa good on ya Rollin

·
Registered
407 Posts
Over 900 miles of gravel, 100+ miles of mud and where did I drop my bike?

In my garage as I was pushing it out to leave on the trip!:(:crzy::confused:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Over 900 miles of gravel, 100+ miles of mud and where did I drop my bike?

In my garage as I was pushing it out to leave on the trip!:(:crzy::confused:
I just love reading your posts Rollin'. Maybe it is that I share your sense of humor, a bit wry but it is always good for a laugh when it sinks in.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just love reading your posts Rollin'. Maybe it is that I share your sense of humor, a bit wry but it is always good for a laugh when it sinks in.
:) The rest of the story.

I had been planning and preparing for this trip for 6 months. The bike was packed and had been for a week.
I had worked until 4:30 pm and when I got home I was in go mode. I didn't want to take the garage remote so I was going to push the bike outside (first mistake, I never push the bike, I always ride it out).

As I was pushing the bike I decided to get on the bike (mistake number two), my foot got stuck on the drivers backrest and me and the bike went over.
Now I have to lift a packed bike and I'm hoping there is no damage! Lifted the bike, set on the kickstand and then rode it out!! There was no damage.

I was freaked out and it took a little while to settle down but I was able to start the trip with a 1100 mile overnight ride. No major issues on the trip after the start.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
skill + equipment

rider ability aside, which varies for sure, having the right tyres makes all the difference!! compliments on riding where most won't + having the smarts to use the correct tyres!!! just like driving in winter weather, proper tyres make all the difference!!! wondering do you do anything xtra to protect the drive belt. or is the Vision's belt more enclosed than other models.

·
Registered
407 Posts
rider ability aside, which varies for sure, having the right tyres makes all the difference!! compliments on riding where most won't + having the smarts to use the correct tyres!!! just like driving in winter weather, proper tyres make all the difference!!! wondering do you do anything xtra to protect the drive belt. or is the Vision's belt more enclosed than other models.
I made a full length lower belt guard before the trip to Alaska. I have been using it for 4 years.
Also have a skid plate and a headlight guard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts