Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
What sort of miles are you getting out of your tyres ?
What are you all replacing them with? ie: dunlops, miches, etc
Iam going to be doing upwards of 4000 in a month so just wondring what ill get so as to plan ahead for tyres etc.
Cheers Mark
Ps Sorry about all the questions... but i want to be prepared so i can relax, kick back and enjoy the wind when i arrive!;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey buddy ....your up all night like me or are you in a sensible time zone...i just got HM tis 3am here
What Metzlers are you running ? and where is the cheapest place to buy them i CA you've found?
iF YOU CAN GET THAT MUCH OUT OF THEM I WILL RIDE THE DUNLOP TILL I LOOP BACK TO cALIFORNIA, CHANGE TO THE METZ THERE AND SHIP HER HOME WITH SOME NEW SHOES ON (Sorry for YELLING i knocked the cap lock...LOL )
Burn outs are probably one of the worst things for cars and bikes! It proves FA , stresses the drive train, over heats the engine, cooks and kills ya tyre, kills brakes ( in cars ) looks ok but boring after the first one....id rather ride twisties and be going slow in and FAST out!!!!:D...so yeah i wont be doing burnouts either!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Yeah I'm on a lot. Since I'm a moderator here I look for spammers and answer questions as fast as possible.

On the rear I am running the ME 880 Marathon XXL, 280/35 VR 18, Front is the ME 880 Marathon, 90/90 - 21.

I have found the best places are online for tire purchases. I'm at work now but when I get home I will post the web site of the best prices I've found.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool cheers mate ..Wow 280 is HUGE..is it on a stock rim? if so how much and where...I WANT ONE!!!
Still waiting to have bike picked up so dont want to Jinx it and post a pick so you can see pipe size ..but it looks to me to the inturnal pipe is about 1"1/2 would that makle them stage one slip ons??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.