Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Ugly or Bad Ass?

• Worse modification ever, it kills the look!

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Not too bad, but I'll stick to the WW.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Why not giving it a try..

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I would defo go for it!

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed black wall tires because I was pissed with the original Metzeler. I wanted to give the Michelin Commander II a try. As you might know, they don't with WW.

My tire history:

First rear tire : Metzeler ME880 150/80 16 = 14,000 km / 8,700 miles

Second rear tire : Metzeler ME880 150/80 16 = 4,000 km / 2,500 miles
(They installed a front tire instead of a rear tire! I noticed that just before going to replace them. After leaving for a weekend, tire was flat in the garage. It was used anyway)
I don't know if I can get something from the Victory shop because they messed up. I believe it can be dangerous to have a front tire at the rear.

First front tire : Metzeler ME880 130/90 16 = 18,000 km / 11,200 miles

Michelin says their Commander II can last up to 40,000 km / 25,000 miles, so let's put them to test!

My bike doesn't look like a bobber anymore with the bags and windshield. I was scared with the look though. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Now that you don't have to scrub white walls, you'll get more riding time.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Could'a had an XC ! Er , V8 !:D

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't mind the black walls. I almost did it with my last rear tire replacement. May still do it when it's time to do it again. Not a big fan of the bags and flys screen but its your bike.

My thought is if you really cared what we thought you would have held off on the fly screen( looks like a windshield to me,) and bags. You are so far off the reservation now, what's another change?

Don't get me wrong, for the bike you have made it, it doesn't look bad. I just don't think bobber when I look at it.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I kinda like it, but I am partial to the WW. Either way it looks good :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Lol guys,

I start to kinda like the look, it feels more robust and sorry for you white wall users, it feels more manly too!

I lowered the bars to keep feeling my hands after a longer ride.
I tried to find a position not too low coz yea, this bike is not done for low bars!

Can't wait to see how it feels with those tires and to see how long it will last!

I agree with you Bujee1. I changed some stuff so now it's a bike I can use daily, and not only on Sundays.
I'll change the mapping to stage 1, still didn't do it yet.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
It looks good to my eye but it doesn't look like a Highball anymore. More like a Vegas with a bigger front wheel/tire and Highball handlebars. Well the tank's paint job is definitely HB. Looks like a good riding utilitarian bike which is a good thing.

Where is Schengen, LU?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Roll your bars ahead to give it some attitude again... When your hands start going numb on longer rides just take them off one at a time for a bit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I can't stand the way white walls look on 99% of bikes, including the Highball, so I think you did okay in that aspect.

In my opinion, adding the 2 up seat, windshield, and bags ruins the looks of the bike.

Like you said, it no longer looks like a bobber.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I don't like WW per se- but they do belong on that bike. I could live with blackwalls on my Judge if I had no choice- but like your bike and WW I just feel that the Judge was meant to have RWL.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Looks fine to me, but Im a Vegas rider.
Not into windshields myself but if its easy on/off itd be handy on long trips.
Looks a bit different and uniqueness is worth points in my book.
Wont vote as theres no choice that fits exact.
Give us some feedback on grip levels vs mileage of those Commanders thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To me freedom is: everything on the bike, nothing on you! And also being able to use the bike for almost everything you wanna do.

I absolutely loved the test ride on the Magnum. Baggers fit more my needs. So what remains of my highball tends to look like a bagger until I make the switch.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
it doesn't look like a Highball anymore. More like a Vegas with a bigger front wheel/tire and Highball handlebars.
The HighBall IS a Vegas with different handlebars, paint, fender, wheels/tires.... so yeah, it looks a whole lot like a Vegas... because it is.

To me freedom is: everything on the bike, nothing on you! And also being able to use the bike for almost everything you wanna do.
Exactly... 10 minutes to go from this:

To this:

One bike to rule them all...

Rode to my office yesterday (don't go there much) and it's 86 miles one-way. Left at 5:00 and ROLLED... like 80 mph... got there in and hour and 45 and stopped twice.

Carried my laptop and a bunch of other stuff, IT FIT IN THE BAGS.

On the way back, traffic, took 2 hours and 10 minutes and I kinda took the long way so I could play... 161 miles on the trip odo. Take away 7% for my gearing that's 149 miles. It took 3.1 gallons... or 48 mpg on the nose.

Comfort, utility, 130 horse, sticky tires, handling, braking, and economy makes what it looks like so fucking low on my priority list.

It's YOUR bike... make it work for you... so what if it looks less like a "bobber" (which it never actually was in the first place). You will probably never see another one like it. Enjoy your bike...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Comfort, utility, 130 horse, sticky tires, handling, braking, and economy makes what it looks like so fucking low on my priority
We can see that! :p
I'd love to have that many horses! Checked everywhere but the only way to do that is apparently to add a chip like the Lloydz one etc.
I don't understand why nobody upgrades the mapping directly like on cars. It means no additional installation, it's way cleaner. plugging a computer to modify the ECU and that's it. Pretty sure 120 horses and a lot of torque could come out of this.

Put some miles on the Michelin, they feel way more stable in turns.
They are solid tires.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts