Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with an Ultimate seat noticed any difference in the intensity of the heat transmitted through the seat?

Second question. How much better do you like the Ultimate over stock?

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's only been in the low 90's here, but I haven't noticed any extra heat.

I won't detail all my issues with the stock seat, but if it weren't for the Ultimate, I would be riding something else by now. The stock seat was that bad for me.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
need pics. need pics. need pics.
on another note, what is your opinion of the seat?

im still on the fence for getting one till i sit on one.
wife doesnt want to be moved up either. the cc seat i
put on mine has helped a little and wife likes her part.
--irv

·
Registered
195 Posts
need pics. need pics. need pics.
on another note, what is your opinion of the seat?

im still on the fence for getting one till i sit on one.
wife doesnt want to be moved up either. the cc seat i
put on mine has helped a little and wife likes her part.
--irv

Thought I sent you pictures? Anyway, i've put i'm guessing 700 or so miles on the new seat. 430 or so last weekend. We stopped because we wanted to, not because we were in pain.

The seat is much much better for us. I still feel it a little. But it's nothing worth slowing me down. The GF is totally happy, except for the fact she wants a backrest. Buying the seat put that on hold.

Like I posted, if it wouldn't have worked, the CR would be gone.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kinda went through the same thing irv. I ended up ordering a Corbin Dual Tour. I decided I didn't want to sit higher in the seat and I didn't want to lose the heat option. (Not that it's needed much around here, but...) Kate at Honda East Toledo took real good care of me on it!

We'll see if it's a mistake after I get it. I've had a Corbin before and liked it. Had to do something about the stocker though. It just isn't working for me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Like I posted, if it wouldn't have worked, the CR would be gone.
Zilla,

Can you explain what exactly was the problem for you with the factory seat? For example, my problem with the factory seat is that it creates a pressure point at my tailbone and causes terrible tailbone pain.

If the ultimate seat fixed tailbone pain for you I may have to consider one in the near future. Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Zilla,

Can you explain what exactly was the problem for you with the factory seat? For example, my problem with the factory seat is that it creates a pressure point at my tailbone and causes terrible tailbone pain.

If the ultimate seat fixed tailbone pain for you I may have to consider one in the near future. Thanks!
Everything you described. The tailbone pain was horrible for me. 70-80 miles and I HAD to get off, and I wasn't looking forward to getting back on.

I'm a little sore getting off the Ultimate, but the tailbone pain isn't there. What I feel now isn't enough to stop me from riding the bike.

I can sit thru a tank of fuel now. Now way with the stocker.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
we all agree on one thing--we need one. still hasnt answered terry's
question about the engine heat. you mean its actually coming through
the seat instead of just roasting your right upper leg?
i found a way around this. rode last night. started at 74 degrees
and when we got back it was 66. no prob at all. now this weekend
will be different. in the 90's.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Has anyone with an Ultimate seat noticed any difference in the intensity of the heat transmitted through the seat?

Second question. How much better do you like the Ultimate over stock?
Do they make a heated seat for the Cross bikes? Nothing on their site says they do. I'm still out on Dez. Maybe he is just a few words kind of guy.

Insight on the seat and price?

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Looks nice and that tan color of the seat in the video would probably go very well with the paint on my CRLE. However, I have a stock sissy bar for my wife and by the looks of it the Ultimate seat would be too wide for that sissy bar to go on. Sissy bar is also the black leather so I'd have to get the black Ultimate.

·
Registered
89 Posts
With it being a little wider, I wonder if it would effect the operation of the hard bags on the CCT, because of the way those bags open from the seat outward ? I also wonder, since it is thicker at the sides of the tank, if it would effect by ability to flat foot my short legs, because I can barely do that now....lol.
Also could not sit me higher, if anything, need to be lower.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
nice touch with the stripe.now quit posting those pics
so i have to keep seeing them.do you enjoy making me
super envious and drool all over myself? shame on you!

·
Premium Member
13,162 Posts
nice touch with the stripe.now quit posting those pics
so i have to keep seeing them.do you enjoy making me
super envious and drool all over myself? shame on you!
Good one Irv!! I wasn't trying to show it off. The poster wanted to see how it would look on an XCT and said he hasn't seen it yet. Somehow he must of missed the other thread about the Ultimate seats.

The saddlebags open just fine with the wider seat too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks good Bob, how much wider is the ultimate than the stock on the cct? Also is it any taller, or deeper? And lastly, is it more firm, softer, or about the same as stock?

I don't mind going up, I have long legs. I absolutely don't want to be moved forward at all, and I hope it is firmer than stock. I hate the stock seat, but hate "trying" another expensive one.

·
Premium Member
13,162 Posts
Looks good Bob, how much wider is the ultimate than the stock on the cct? Also is it any taller, or deeper? And lastly, is it more firm, softer, or about the same as stock?

I don't mind going up, I have long legs. I absolutely don't want to be moved forward at all, and I hope it is firmer than stock. I hate the stock seat, but hate "trying" another expensive one.
Seated position is about the same as stock. I had my stock seat lowered and some gel put in. Didn't really help with the tailbone issue so I kept looking until this seat. It's softer but not in a sloppy way. It kinda feels like I'm settling into a bucket seat. A quality bucket seat like I had in a 98 Vette a few years ago. I've ridden some distance with this seat and like others have said; the stops won't be because of butt pain. More likely a need to stretch the legs, get gas, or eat. Possibly get some more water out of the cooler. But I digress...

I can't imagine anyone not liking the Ultimate seats. I find them to be better than the Mustang's I've had over the years and that's saying something because IMHO Mustang makes a comfy seat. They may not always be the most stylish but they are always comfy.

I don't know how much wider it is than stock. I've got the stock one stored right now and not easily accessible. The Ultimate's are wider but not enough to interfere with the saddlebags.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts