Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the absolute most compact rain gear??? I want the smallest stuff sack possible.

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Who makes the absolute most compact rain gear??? I want the smallest stuff sack possible.
I almost went the opposite way on the weekend and nearly bought a Bendigo Clothing Co. oilskin stockmans coat.
But...it would have draped on the exhaust and I couldve spontaneously combusted at the lights! Also sitting it formed pockets that wouldve held rainwater, yeah they let me walk off to try it sitting on my bike. I offered my lady as collareral but they trusted me to return.
Not wanting to rush into a decision I gave some thought to the shrter 3/4 coat but at the end of the day it wouldvr taken up lots of room in one of my bags so I gave it a miss and am hunting for the same as you.
Very timely Travis.
I now have my eye on a $49 two piece rainsuit.
Not at stylish around a wet campfire but very stowable.
Ill certainly keep an eye on this thread as my garbage bin liner days could be numbered:)

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
I need something that doesn't take up a quarter of my saddlebag.
Absolute smallest at the expense of style and at $3 for 25 its hard to go past a garbage bin liner with a hole for yr head and two for yr arms.
Dont laugh till youve tried it:)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Go to rei.com and look at cycling rain gear. They have a bunch of lightweight models which should roll really small. The downside is that they would melt easily...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
One other tip for making rain gear and/or bike covers compact as small as possible is that since BOTH these items usually come with a drawstring bag...what I do is to roll the item as small a possible and then insert in the bag.

Next, Hancock Fabrics sells strips of Velcro with fuzz on one side and the hooks on the other. I take a strip that is long enough to go around the rolled up item and CINCH it down to as small as I can...then I do the same thing from top to bottom and CINCH it down really tight...you can get these items pretty small.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
When doing any touring, my wife and I (she on her own bike) pack rain gear including full face helmets. We normally wear half helmets but like the full face in the rain. Our Frogg Togg rain gear, when rolled up small and put into their bag, will fit inside the full face helmets. This is using up otherwise wasted space inside the helmet. We usually attach the full face helmets to the passenger pillion and against the tour bags and passenger back rest using a bungee type cargo net with hooks.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When doing any touring, my wife and I (she on her own bike) pack rain gear including full face helmets. We normally wear half helmets but like the full face in the rain. Our Frogg Togg rain gear, when rolled up small and put into their bag, will fit inside the full face helmets. This is using up otherwise wasted space inside the helmet. We usually attach the full face helmets to the passenger pillion and against the tour bags and passenger back rest using a bungee type cargo net with hooks.

G'day,

Vinish

I think you missed the point of this thread... I am asking if anyone knows of an ultra compact rain suit. For all I know you have a head the size of a pumpkin!!!! Lol. No seriously though what I am asking is for an ultra compact rain suit... The smallest one known to man.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I carry two sets of Frogg Toggs "Road Toad" gear(one for me, one for my wife) They are not compact and I hate putting them on because they make me look fat....

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I think you missed the point of this thread... I am asking if anyone knows of an ultra compact rain suit. For all I know you have a head the size of a pumpkin!!!! Lol. No seriously though what I am asking is for an ultra compact rain suit... The smallest one known to man.
Sorry, I thought that describing how the Frogg Toggs (bottoms, tops, and bag) could fit inside a full face helmet was an indication that they were pretty small. I guess they are not as small as you are looking for.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, I thought that describing how the Frogg Toggs (bottoms, tops, and bag) could fit inside a full face helmet was an indication that they were pretty small. I guess they are not as small as you are looking for.

G'day,

Vinish

Just hard timing you... I really am looking for the most compact gear possible. If it's Frogg Toggs then I don't want something that big and am going to go with the $3.00 plastic poncho's.

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Just hard timing you... I really am looking for the most compact gear possible. If it's Frogg Toggs then I don't want something that big and am going to go with the $3.00 plastic poncho's.
Try the garbage bin liners, youll get 25 for three bucks and they pack up real small.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts