Administrator
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,663 Posts
That's old news. Haha.

Of course we all curious how well it works.
I've read there is a similar cooled seat on the aftermarket. Corbin?

For the price they want for it the thing better keep my rear cool like ice.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$1,200 - haha. Yeah, for that price it has to do at least 3 functions, and one of them has to be a butt massage.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
This goes back to the theory that if mama's ass ain't happy; no one is happy. This seat literally addresses that issue. I wonder how the cooling mechanism works. Is there a compressor like most cooling systems?

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
This goes back to the theory that if mama's ass ain't happy; no one is happy. This seat literally addresses that issue. I wonder how the cooling mechanism works. Is there a compressor like most cooling systems?
It is probably done magnetically, like the little coolers that will heat or cool. It is a process that was actually discovered many many years ago.

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Nab is correct. The general name is thermoelectric cooling which you can look up on Wikipedia. This solid state cooling has no moving parts and is accomplished using the Peltier effect.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,663 Posts
Nab is correct. The general name is thermoelectric cooling which you can look up on Wikipedia. This solid state cooling has no moving parts and is accomplished using the Peltier effect.
But can it keep your rear cool on a 100 degree day?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
That all depends on the size of the TEC unit and the power provided to it.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might also depend on the size and make-up of the rear. Muscle cools down faster, while bacon's more of an insulator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts