Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was working on changing the front pulley out and looks like the exhaust will have to come off. Anyone change the front pulley out yet? If so did you have to remove the pipes?

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
The pipes will have to come off to get the pulley cover off.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found the answer. Pipes have to come off for the pulley. I did get the guard off without removing them.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pipes have to come off. Dropping the right floorboard and pulling the right side chin spoiler helps a lot. I think my drive pulley nut had red loctite on it, a little heat on the nut goes a long way

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Hi mate, just search the forum, plenty info on UD pulley here, just a sample

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=10015

So see my picture

Anyway make sure you tightening that big NUT... All socket sizes are stated on that link above

Andre
TaPaTaLk

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed torque to 180 with loctite, nut lock on and retaining bolts torque as well

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Installed torque to 180 with loctite, nut lock on and retaining bolts torque as well

Awsome, now a testride
? grin.

Andre
TaPaTaLk

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
weather will be in the 70's rest the week around here, so I am hoping to get the stuff done to the bike so I can get it out. Winter work on the bike running longer than I thought it would. Heck right now the bike and truck both are down.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Having added the under drive pulley to my bike made it a totally different beast! One of the best mods there is to do to these victory's, really wakes them up!

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Did you add a speed healer after the pulley install

No mate, because

1. Vic speedometer is off, so after the UD pulley it should be more accurate then stock.

2. There are no speedcameras here, so no need .

Andre
TaPaTaLk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts