Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to get the rest of the features out of my speedometer. I went to the local Vic dealer, and they told me I have to purchase a card fro Victory with the code to unlock the speedo, then pay the shop to hookup the laptop and actually open up the extra features. Is this true? I tried the search function, and there are posts that discuss the unlock but not if the card is needed or not. Thanks in advance.

Bob

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Yep. Sorry to say it is true. No one I know of has hacked this feature.

It requires a program called the Digital Wrench that only a Victory dealer can have or buy. They are very serious about making sure a hacked copy is not let loose in the wild.

The good news is it's not too expensive at $50. The bad news is we have to pay anything for something it should simply come with. We've had that conversation a few times on the various Vic forums.

·
13,243 Posts
Bob
you don't say what year you have or even model not good.
If it a new bike go talk to your sales men cry on his shoulder and maybe he will help you out. Worth a shot

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob
you don't say what year you have or even model not good.
If it a new bike go talk to your sales men cry on his shoulder and maybe he will help you out. Worth a shot
Sorry about that put that stuff in my sig.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Local dealer is correct but didn't cover everything. In order to get the thermometer to work you'll also need to buy an ambient temperature sensor which is about $30 more.
That said there was someone on here that got the temp display to work just with the temp sensor. I'm on mobile so search doesn't work well so try searching the forum for ambient.

Reactions: vagabondjpm

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Adding the temp sensor will get the temperature to show up, no need to unlock the speedometer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny, but the temp sensor is what I care about the least. I'm either comfortable, cold, or hot. Indicator only proves it.:wink

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
speed and distance and tripmeter are all I have, bought a tach with O/D light. Glued a $10 analog watch half over the hi beam light cos its too bright.
Yam 650 rat, I rode before this had nothing, zilch, nada.,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
speed and distance and tripmeter are all I have, bought a tach with O/D light. Glued a $10 analog watch half over the hi beam light cos its too bright.
Yam 650 rat, I rode before this had nothing, zilch, nada.,
I really only want the second trip meter, as that's what I like to use to keep track of mileage between oil changes. I already have the Tack/clock and gear indicator and I use the trip for tracking fuel.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Yeah I töo use trip as a fuel gauge. As for oil,.......What I do is keep a log book on everything I do to my Vegas.
When I change my oil n filter I write the milage (kms) in my book,also add another 8000kms to give me a figure for when she's due again.
A second trip would be handy for me, well for trips! As a weekend or day ride can take in several tankfuls, I didnt even know that feature was available. Probably isnt on my 2010 Vegas export speedo.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Same here mate, i write it down on the maintenance page in that small vic owners manual, you can download it on Bbob member signature link

1 - 11 of 11 Posts