Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
That looks similar to "Rost Off" make by Wurth. Pretty good stuff, will have to try the loctite version

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
A couple years ago I read a comparison test of a few penetrating oils/fluids and the best by far was a home made brew of 50% transmission fluid and 50% acetone.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
A couple years ago I read a comparison test of a few penetrating oils/fluids and the best by far was a home made brew of 50% transmission fluid and 50% acetone.
Ric, that Loctite Freeze & Release -- see link in VJ's post -- also asserts that it will also drop the temp way down, which sounds like it may be very useful in that sort of situation. The tranny/acetone mix won't do that, right?

I've been using PB Blaster for stuck bolts over the years, but that Loctite seems like an interesting product, which I learned about only yesterday (on the other forum).

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Eucalyptus oil

·
Registered
611 Posts
Tried that loctite stuff years ago, didn't do a damn thing other than waste a couple bucks. The concept has some legitimacy to it but in practice it just didn't work for me. I stick with pb blaster or seadoo lube.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I've been using PB Blaster for stuck bolts over the years.
Me too, until I learned about the superior tranny fluid / acetone mix. thumb up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts