Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding day before yesterday and drove passed a guy in the lane next to me who was in a pickup , saw he was looking @ the bike-- didn't think nothing of it -- a couple miles down the road I see this guy is following me so I turn in to a Quick stop / connivence store to get a drink & the guy pulls in behind me and gets out to check out my JP. The guy just was overwhelmed - was slightly irritating but not too bad.
Guess its the price you pay for owning a Victory. Any one else out there get this kind of reaction??

·
Registered
289 Posts
howdy...on one my first rolls on the new XC...in the parking lot of a taco-bell (i always stop at taco bells)...about 100m north....i got swarmed by about 7 1%-ers...literally surrounded as i was getting my rag-on...these looked to be the real deal..all colored up and haired-over.. outta AJ i think...and i gotta say that i had a bit of pucker for a few moments...i knew some 1%ers when i was younger but i am not so much anymore...just a past it cubie...anyway, the top-dog wanted to see the bike..seemed he was on a JP and we talked...lasted about 10 minutes...cool but like i say, got my attention....it is hard to walk past the XC...either you love it or you don't i reckon..

·
Registered
243 Posts
its not just our vics, i also find myself playing look e loo when i see a different motorcycle , trike , or ? it is what it is . were all qurious at heart to some degree.

steve

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
All the time...all the time.

I'm one of those motorcycle owners that goes to Starbucks regularly.

I am answering questions the whole time I'm there.

I'm answering questions at stoplights. I find it funny when people try to talk to me while moving. LOL I just point at my ears to signal I can't here them.

I've had a few people follow me. I understand the irritation as I can be very paranoid in that situation.

·
13,262 Posts
All the time...all the time.

I'm one of those motorcycle owners that goes to Starbucks regularly.

I am answering questions the whole time I'm there.

I'm answering questions at stoplights. I find it funny when people try to talk to me while moving. LOL I just point at my ears to signal I can't here them.

I've had a few people follow me. I understand the irritation as I can be very paranoid in that situation.
Starbucks??? Your a biker you should be going to a bar or better yet a truck stop. Starbucks???cheers

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Been followed by a Highway Patrol car for about 5 minutes one morning on my way to work. I was ridding with almost no cars on that portion of the freeway, and the officer decided to get behind me, one lane over, and sat in my blind spot for a few minutes. Then he slowly inched up until we next to each other, and he was just staring at the bike. I smiled, which caught the officer off guard, so he put a serious face on and accelerated away.

You might think he was running my plates, thus the excuse to stick with me for a while, but I had no plates on the bike yet at that time.

In defense of those who stare, I used to stare too. I was at a gas station once (about a year before I got the XR) and saw this XC entering the freeway. It was such a quick glimpse, but all I saw was beauty. I ended my fueling early and hopped in my truck, and got on the freeway, in search of that muscular stallion I saw so graciously taking the S turn of that freeway entrance. Caught up with him and followed, and made sure I looked at the bike from just about any angle I could get. Fell in love with it, went home and did my research, and about a year later I am riding my own stallion. It was love at first sight. So, when I catch others staring, I totally don't mind - as long as they don't run me over in the process.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, it happens a lot. I've had guys ride behind me, inch up on one side and then the other, looking at it form both sides. They usuually gravitate to looking at the tank medallion trying to figure out who make it. Nad that's just in basic black. My son calls it the Batman motorcycle.
Any XC owners notice the monkey face when you look at the dash from the rear of the bike?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
I get it all the time....sometimes it takes me 20 minutes to leave a gas station cause people walk up and start asking questions. You get used to it after a while.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's kinda obvious once you see it. I lmao when I looked at that picture the first time. Someone said that from the back the bike reminds them of a praying mantis. A friend said that the styling reminds him of the Dusenbergs and such from the 1920s and 30s. My son calls it the Batman cycle. Somewhere (unobtrusive) I need to find a place to put a Batman logo.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
My son calls it the Batman cycle. Somewhere (unobtrusive) I need to find a place to put a Batman logo.
If you put it on the bike, it might turn a bit cheese, not to mention you might get tired of it, and your son might grow to hate batman.

But you could get some patches for your jacket, which might be a subtle enough hint of your theme.

batman_begins_logo.jpg
Here's one place that sells them in 1.753 x 3.5 INCHES for $9.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts