Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
And as a result of that liberal think, Washington's roads are going to be less safe.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Arrrrggghhh....

Yet another post in the Victory General Discussion forum that is going to take on a political theme.

No offense guys, but while I understand the bulk of the members here are US citizens and you are passionate about your politics, rights, etc, there are a bunch of us who are not US citizens and come to this part of the forum to read about Victory motorcycles. It's frustrating to click on a new link to only to see yet another mud-slinging rant filled bunch of posts focused on political ideology rather than something about Victory bikes.

Tell me to go rub salt in it if you want, but could you please take those discussions to the lounge where they're meant to be?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
You are right Meeve, I'm outa here. Just couldn't let that one go as I ride and drive in Washington. There's a movement to legalize pot here in Oregon too. There are already enough bad drivers in Oregon as our legislature has said the illegals here are OK to get drivers' licenses. Arrrggghhh back at ya.
Cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
And as a result of that liberal think, Washington's roads are going to be less safe.
Thats right -blame liberals for making the roads less safe...while ignoring the fact that conservatives dont want to give licenses to immigrants, which means that they end up driving around unlicensed and uninsured.

But pot smoking liberals are the bane of your existence on the highway!

Did you even watch the video?

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
The licensed illegals are now driving in Oregon uninsured. There, do you feel better now?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arrrrggghhh....

Yet another post in the Victory General Discussion forum that is going to take on a political theme.

No offense guys, but while I understand the bulk of the members here are US citizens and you are passionate about your politics, rights, etc, there are a bunch of us who are not US citizens and come to this part of the forum to read about Victory motorcycles.
Sorry Meeve. I never intended it to be political, just thought it might be of interest to people who use roads, enjoy a buzz, or wanted to see a girl smoke a coupla old dudes under the table.

I understand that some of these guys could turn a thread about washing a bike into a rant about "liberal political tyranny." Seems those are only words some of them are capable of typing. Still, I have to imagine that there are a few normal folks out there who enjoy a little related if off topic diversion every now and again.

·
Registered
693 Posts
You are right Meeve, I'm outa here. Just couldn't let that one go as I ride and drive in Washington. There's a movement to legalize pot here in Oregon too. There are already enough bad drivers in Oregon as our legislature has said the illegals here are OK to get drivers' licenses. Arrrggghhh back at ya.
Cheers
So if you're concerned about allowing marijuana to be legal will lead to more bad drivers (I assume you mean impaired by use?) and aren't comfortable with regulations and guidelines being put in place to punish those who put others in danger in lieu of simply keeping it illegal, I can only assume you feel alcohol should be made illegal again?

Personally, I'm happy to see MJ being made legal. Most of the push for it to be illegal was business related only to be turned in to some sort of a demon to justify it. It's a natural substance (unlike cigs or alcohol). There will be people who'll misuse it for certain. But that can be said for anything. Cars, guns, booze, knives, etc. But the vast majority will be fine. I've never used myself and don't really have any interest, but I'm also not much of a drinker either.

And in reference to the video, I'd love to see someone at seven times the legal limit drive in regards to alcohol. Why? Because usually 3-4 times the limit will put your average person at risk of complete black out or even respiratory arrest. lol

And on a funny coincidence, Cypress Hill came on my player as I finished typing this! HA HA!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why? Because usually 3-4 times the limit will put your average person at risk of complete black out or even respiratory rest. lol
I better go get me a fifth. I need me some respiratory rest every time I climb a flight of stairs. :ltr:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I better go get me a fifth. I need me some respiratory rest every time I climb a flight of stairs. :ltr:
Ha ha! Fixed. On a more serious note, that test wasn't very real. Cones are too short and there was no bag of Doritos OR Taco Bell drive through.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry Meeve. I never intended it to be political, just thought it might be of interest to people who use roads, enjoy a buzz, or wanted to see a girl smoke a coupla old dudes under the table.

I understand that some of these guys could turn a thread about washing a bike into a rant about "liberal political tyranny." Seems those are only words some of them are capable of typing. Still, I have to imagine that there are a few normal folks out there who enjoy a little related if off topic diversion every now and again.
Oh, please don't apologize. It's not the occasional off topic thing I was referring to...like most, I enjoy much of it. It's just when it turns into a cons vs. libs, pro vs anti gun/obama/healthcare/immigration/hetero-homo thread, it just seems to roll on endlessly with only 3 or 4 people. As healthy as that kind of discussion can be, I was hoping those that want to partake would be kind enough to move it to a more appropriate place to do it.

But hey, that's just me. Maybe I'm in the minority and if so, I'll live with it and enjoy those threads that focus on the stuff I came here to read about. It's Friday, long weekend for those that live where I live and spring will come soon(ish).

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Arrrrggghhh....

No offense guys, but while I understand the bulk of the members here are US citizens and you are passionate about your politics, rights, etc, there are a bunch of us who are not US citizens and come to this part of the forum to read about Victory motorcycles. It's frustrating to click on a new link to only to see yet another mud-slinging rant filled bunch of posts focused on political ideology rather than something about Victory bikes.

Tell me to go rub salt in it if you want, but could you please take those discussions to the lounge where they're meant to be?

Thanks.
You are right about organizing a site such as this, and it is nice that things end up in their proper place, but as saddlebag said sometimes thing 'go political' when you don't expect them to...

On another note, you are sort of a cry baby aren't you? It may seem like that, even though you didn't intend it to.

It's just not THAT hard to click, read a few words, and click out... right?

:cool:

P.S. Go rub salt in it, whatever that means.

:crzy:

·
Registered
81 Posts
On another note, you are sort of a cry baby aren't you? It may seem like that, even though you didn't intend it to.
If you call people whiners who are politely asking some to discuss things in the appropriate section so that others don't have to waste their time following links that are off topic, then I guess in your eyes I am a whiner.

It's just not THAT hard to click, read a few words, and click out... right
No it's not, nor is it that difficult to place political and non-victory posts under the section that says "Discussion of everything except your Victory Motorcycle. Sports, politics, etc in this off-topic section"

and to not post those things in the section that says "If you just want to talk about Victory motorcycles in General, this is the place to post."

Those guidelines seem pretty clear to me. And on that note, I will end my posting on this in this section of the forum so that I can read things about Victory motorcyles.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Meeve,
You are correct that threads should be posted in the correct parts of the forum but damn near any post can stray off subject.

Lance,
Play nice!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
If you call people whiners who are politely asking some to discuss things in the appropriate section so that others don't have to waste their time following links that are off topic, then I guess in your eyes I am a whiner.

No it's not, nor is it that difficult to place political and non-victory posts under the section that says "Discussion of everything except your Victory Motorcycle. Sports, politics, etc in this off-topic section"

and to not post those things in the section that says "If you just want to talk about Victory motorcycles in General, this is the place to post."

Those guidelines seem pretty clear to me. And on that note, I will end my posting on this in this section of the forum so that I can read things about Victory motorcyles.
Gee, I started out agreeing with you... you probably have a really organized garage too.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yeah, I'm down with giving them organized garage guys the red ass. What is up with that?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yeah, I'm down with giving them organized garage guys the red ass. What is up with that?
Since when is this forum full of bullies? :ltr:

Are organized garages overrated? I guess finding the right tool quickly is not hip anymore. :eek:

P.S.: Forum moved to Victory Lounge, because it's the right thing to do. :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Gee, I started out agreeing with you... you probably have a really organized garage too.
Yes you did, and then you called me a cry baby. What was I going to say, oh gee thanks? I thought my reply was rather polite actually. Sorry if it wasn't.

All good on my end, and yes, my garage is pretty organized.

Oh, and because you asked....re: go rub salt in it....kinda like telling someone to go F... themselves. Most of the time it suggests someone should rub salt in some sort of body cavity that isn't their mouth.
Friday night cheers

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Yes you did, and then you called me a cry baby. What was I going to say, oh gee thanks? I thought my reply was rather polite actually. Sorry if it wasn't.

All good on my end, and yes, my garage is pretty organized.

Oh, and because you asked....re: go rub salt in it....kinda like telling someone to go F... themselves. Most of the time it suggests someone should rub salt in some sort of body cavity that isn't their mouth.
Friday night cheers
I did think you were rather polite, a little anal retentive maybe (the garage remark) but polite.... typing words back and forth does have the risk of taking things the wrong way, I'm rarely trying to 'actually' be rude, mostly tongue in cheek remarks, I just don't like putting the faces up to clarify things :cool: but it would be better :rolleyes: to do that to avoid misunderstandings :mad: calling you a cry baby was just pulling your chain a little bit wac

But I still agree with you, it's better to put things in their proper place to save these moderators all the work :D

You even appologized just in case your comment wasn't polite enough "I thought my reply was rather polite actually. Sorry if it wasn't"

Not only is your garage probably immaculate, but you probably organize your many shoes by color..?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.. :ltr:

P.S. The proper response to the above is: Go rub salt in it.

cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts