Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my first post I had put my CC in the shop to get Dyno'd. I installed the PCV, Lloyds Air box, Ness Big Honkers, and adjustable timing gear. Timing gear advanced 4 degrees.
Well the results are in and we'll I'm a little disappointed... maybe I shouldn't be. 110 ft lbs of torque with 99 HP. I live in Houston and haven't had much time to ride due to hellacious storms, but have gotten out when I can. I definitely feel it get up and go more but just expected more.. Anyone else perform these mods with better results? Or am I just asking for too much with a few bolt ons?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I wasn't able to get a base test done, so don't really know what I gained. But if those numbers are good then I guess I'm gonna have to go out and get some cams.... cause I want more.lol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cams seem to be the standard for greater than 100 HP numbers and torque. I have the same mods and didn't break 95HP

You may want to inquire on the forum about advancing your timing to +5. You might squeeze a couple more lbs of torque and break a 100HP without cams.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I have similar mods on my Vegas, which is a hundred cube motor, Im getting 86HP and 108 ftlb at the back wheel and the bike is a joy to ride, of course I'd like more HP, Who wouldnt!
Power corrupts as they say and the thirst for more can be insatiable, specially if you get on the dragstrip.
I reckon youll be opting for cams soon.
Only way Id get more out of my 100 is to up it to a 106 motor or add cams, or both.
You dont say how many miles are on your motor but if its new you can expect a bit more when it loosens up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh its a baby right now at a modest 550 miles. I have ridden dirt bikes and sport bikes my whole life and wanted to make the proper step up.... yes I believe cruisers/baggers are a step up. And your right, I do crave more power.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Oh its a baby right now at a modest 550 miles. I have ridden dirt bikes and sport bikes my whole life and wanted to make the proper step up.... yes I believe cruisers/baggers are a step up. And your right, I do crave more power.
Yeah mate, thats entirely normal for us power hungry types:)
Dont you just love the torquey grunt of a Victory V-Twin when its hauling! ....
Your motor has more in store as it loosens up but the sad part is itll be so gradual that you probably won't notice it.
If I was you Id put at least a few more thousand on it and enjoy what youve got, let the engine bed in nicely then go to the next level after your 5000 service.
Cams....big bore....supercharger.....where will you stop!:)
Enjoy..and welcome to the hunt

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Ha ja great tread ... I like it ...

Now lets help this guy out as i am still confused myself about this ??

Stage 1 = exhaust, filter, timewheel, PV-5

Stage 2 = cams ?

Stage 3 = 116" ?

I would love to know about what stage is what mods too ?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Those 'stages' are Harley terminology based on the Screamin' Eagle packages available from HD.

Stage 1 = airbox, pipes, fuel controller
Stage 2 = the above + cams
Stage 3 = all the above + big bore
Stage 4 = all the above + heads/throttle body/injectors

Once above the stage 2 level, the lines get blurred and the definitions vary, depending on who you are talking to.

There really are no corresponding packages for Victory. You could refer to a cammed Victory as a "stage 2" I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I'm a little disappointed... maybe I shouldn't be. 110 ft lbs of torque with 99 HP.
With the Mods you have, it's really tough to break 100 HP. With drop-in cams (VM-1 DR) you can get in the mid 100-teens. With the Touring cams (VM-1 HPT) you can get closer to 120 HP or even exceed it.

Yeah, having 120 HP/120 Tq to the tire is pretty awesome... but going 116" will take it to 130+/138+. The difference riding the bike is HUGE. The torque is glorious! 120 ft-lbs by 3000 rpm and climbing!
Big hairy gorilla balls on that mother, and a whole lot of monkey fun.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have the same mods different mufflers ....
98.2 HP 113 TQ . KMC said those are fantastic #'s for the mods performed . I want cams , but don't feel like I need to have them. Maybe someday . Your #'s are great , just enjoy it !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha! That's what I'm talking about! I dunno about boring it out. But I definitely think the touring cams are a must in the near future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the same mods different mufflers ....
98.2 HP 113 TQ . KMC said those are fantastic #'s for the mods performed . I want cams , but don't feel like I need to have them. Maybe someday . Your #'s are great , just enjoy it !

OK just figure out how to do this...lol

That makes me feel a lot better! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Those 'stages' are Harley terminology based on the Screamin' Eagle packages available from HD.

Stage 1 = airbox, pipes, fuel controller
Stage 2 = the above + cams
Stage 3 = all the above + big bore
Stage 4 = all the above + heads/throttle body/injectors

Once above the stage 2 level, the lines get blurred and the definitions vary, depending on who you are talking to.

There really are no corresponding packages for Victory. You could refer to a cammed Victory as a "stage 2" I guess.
Cooool info my friend, never new this stage stuff, but this is my first v-twin .... Always fast bikes previously ...

Soooo there are different cams ??? When i ordered mine (VM-1-DR) there was only 1 drop-in that fitted ..... Now i see there are touring cams (VM-1-HPT) ??
Only not for steelframe bikes ?? Why all are the same 106 engine right ?? Just ginding the camcarier right ??

Anyway, got mu cams but it makes me think ??

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Cooool info my friend, never new this stage stuff, but this is my first v-twin .... Always fast bikes previously ...

Soooo there are different cams ??? When i ordered mine (VM-1-DR) there was only 1 drop-in that fitted ..... Now i see there are touring cams (VM-1-HPT) ??
Only not for steelframe bikes ?? Why all are the same 106 engine right ?? Just ginding the camcarier right ??

Anyway, got my cams but it makes me think ??
Your questions are best answered by Lloydz... but I have never seen them put the touring cams in a steel frame.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts