Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my tracking # from Jim at Metric Thunder. My Black Thor pipes have shipped, finally.

Cant wait to install those bad boys.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm might be OCD but I keep checking the tracking # see if any progress is made lol

·
Registered
690 Posts
Me too. My Big Slash in black was shipped today too. thumb up

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too. My Big Slash in black was shipped today too. thumb up

Hmmm, your in PA guess that means you'll get yours first... damn lol

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
It seems when I have something shipped east to west is faster than west to east. Rotation of the sun or time zone. Maybe east is more motivated compared to west.

·
Registered
396 Posts
jim at metric thunder will take care of you,
i can speak from experiance (ordered black
ceramic slash pipes w/chrome heat shields)
and they came in just the way i ordered them.thumb up

·
Registered
32 Posts
thumb up on Jim from Metric Thunder. Have used multiple times and shipped to Canada. Does have other components that aren't listed on the website also, just phone and ask what he can get..

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pipes arrived yesterday, I wasn't able to check them out proper. But kudos to rpw, awesome job in packing. Hopefully install tomorrow.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Mine came yesterday too. I just unpacked them, and man were they packed up tight, and wrapped and stuffed ! I broke a sweat just taking them out of the box ! The ceramic coating on them is fantastic ! Looks as good as any Vance and Hines I have ever seen, maybe even better. Now to find the time to put them on.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It seems when I have something shipped east to west is faster than west to east. Rotation of the sun or time zone. Maybe east is more motivated compared to west.
We are considerably busier out here in the inland empire of so.cal, than anywhere back there. I work for FedEx freight, the I.e. terminals of any transportation co. Always carry the system in the winter-spring months. 8 days to get your pipes is pathetic! You should have had them by the 21st. Did they come ups or USPS?

·
Registered
690 Posts
We are considerably busier out here in the inland empire of so.cal, than anywhere back there. I work for FedEx freight, the I.e. terminals of any transportation co. Always carry the system in the winter-spring months. 8 days to get your pipes is pathetic! You should have had them by the 21st. Did they come ups or USPS?
Mine came UPS :rolleyes:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Man Jason, it's 5 day service at the most with us! Pickup in Corona on Friday should deliver on following Friday and that's to new England area , or south Florida . Next time.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup UPS here too. what can ya do lol. IDC i got my pipes :)

I do have a question concerning install. When I loosing the floorboard and the swing arm pivot nut should I brace up the engine or dont worry about it?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, after 2 cuts, 2.5 hours some scratches and no o2 plugs :( my Thors are on. They sounds nice, might need to re-tune of the Vfc.

on a side note, Im an never changing and full exhaust againg. The head pipe gave me nothing but frustration, after I had em set I had to drop em again to put on the heat shields argh

A question on the frame mount thou. When I took the mount from the swepts off there was a black spacer. I couldn't use it with the Thor. I mounted it the way the instructions said to. But when I loosened the mount to do the shields the washer ended up distorting into a cone from being tightened to the torque.

Is there supposed to be a bushing or something else that goes in the hole for the swing arm pivot bolt?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well, after 2 cuts, 2.5 hours some scratches and no o2 plugs :( my Thors are on. They sounds nice, might need to re-tune of the Vfc.

on a side note, Im an never changing and full exhaust againg. The head pipe gave me nothing but frustration, after I had em set I had to drop em again to put on the heat shields argh

A question on the frame mount thou. When I took the mount from the swepts off there was a black spacer. I couldn't use it with the Thor. I mounted it the way the instructions said to. But when I loosened the mount to do the shields the washer ended up distorting into a cone from being tightened to the torque.

Is there supposed to be a bushing or something else that goes in the hole for the swing arm pivot bolt?
Did you replace the gaskets , or were the one you had in there reusable ?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup I changed them. I bought the ones for the 01 and under bikes. They are softer

I had to clean up a lot of RTV the dealer used when they had put the swept pipes on.

Dude I love the sound from these pipes. I just cant get my VFC dialed in lol.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Do you have pics you can post? Would love to see the black Thor!

·
Registered
318 Posts
No pics??!! Come on!!! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts