Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently have loyds filter,gen 3 fuel controler and triovals. thinking of the timeing wheel. suggestions please.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
currently have loyds filter,gen 3 fuel controler and triovals. thinking of the timeing wheel. suggestions please.
Quarter trotle ring....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks simple to do but is there any real binifit to it. the play in the twist isnt bad to me. also been looking at af ratio guages and dam there is so frekn many.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I really enjoy my timing wheel. I wish I added it sooner.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont plan on to much more stuff for it. i really dont want to go as far as doing cams. i am trying to stay out of the engine as much as i can. the maximus stuff sounds good.

·
Registered
483 Posts
i dont plan on to much more stuff for it. i really dont want to go as far as doing cams. i am trying to stay out of the engine as much as i can. the maximus stuff sounds good.
If you get a Maximus it can adjust the timing so you wouldn't need the timing wheel.

With your current setup the timing wheel would smooth out the motor in the first few gears. Like I said I'm very happy with mine. I was surprised at what it did but it was all good.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
If you get a Maximus it can adjust the timing so you wouldn't need the timing wheel.

With your current setup the timing wheel would smooth out the motor in the first few gears. Like I said I'm very happy with mine. I was surprised at what it did but it was all good.
I agree with @VicVisionBulldog if you would just go to a tuner and get that Maximus thing and a DYNO, then you only "loose" the money you paid for the Gen3 fuel controller .... and then you are done with the power mods on this bike,

The quarter throttle ring is just much easier on your ride, and super cheap, I made one myself, coz 1 forum member posted a vid how to do it .... See attached the stock vic gas grip with throttle ring compair to a aftermarket grip that I'm modifying for my jackpot....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Seems like we're twins separated at birth as we both like the cheap and easy. Here's what I did and I am very please with the results and the small cost, compared to other methods of tuning. I too have a Lloydz VFCIII fuel controller, but it always bothered me that I was in the dark as to what the AFR ratios were. So I grabbed a used digital AFR meter that a forum member was selling and did a temporary mount on my bike. While riding, I took note of the fuel ratios and adjusted the controller accordingly. Now it runs a tad on the rich side in all conditions, including idle, cruise and acceleration. The huge advantage is its done in REAL WORLD conditions, not on rollers. BTW, I also bought the controller used from a forum member, and those two cost me less than $250. Oh...and my adjustable timing wheel is set to 5+. She runs very strong and smooth now. Here's a link to the meter I have....Its very easy to set up and read and there's good help here from more than just me....
MTX-L PLUS Digital Wideband Air/fuel Ratio Gauge

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I don't know Ricz, I maybe the cheapest here because I haven't done a darn thing to my XR to upgrade performance! Am I the only active member on here who has owned their cross bike for 5+ years and not touched the performance side of it?

·
Registered
703 Posts
The 1/4 turn throttle ring is totally awesome...i was skeptical about it but i wouldn't be without it now not only does it make for no pain in the wrist it changes the response of the bike IMHO

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
I don't know Ricz, I maybe the cheapest here because I haven't done a darn thing to my XR to upgrade performance! Am I the only active member on here who has owned their cross bike for 5+ years and not touched the performance side of it?
Nope, I have a CCT and bone stock Exept the gutted mufler

But I have a souped up jackpot, hi hi

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts
Seems like we're twins separated at birth as we both like the cheap and easy. Here's what I did and I am very please with the results and the small cost, compared to other methods of tuning. I too have a Lloydz VFCIII fuel controller, but it always bothered me that I was in the dark as to what the AFR ratios were. So I grabbed a used digital AFR meter that a forum member was selling and did a temporary mount on my bike. While riding, I took note of the fuel ratios and adjusted the controller accordingly. Now it runs a tad on the rich side in all conditions, including idle, cruise and acceleration. The huge advantage is its done in REAL WORLD conditions, not on rollers. BTW, I also bought the controller used from a forum member, and those two cost me less than $250. Oh...and my adjustable timing wheel is set to 5+. She runs very strong and smooth now. Here's a link to the meter I have....Its very easy to set up and read and there's good help here from more than just me....
MTX-L PLUS Digital Wideband Air/fuel Ratio Gauge
which cylinder do you monitor?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
The front. I wanted to monitor both, but could not remove the plug from the rear. Contacted Dobeck and he said it doesn't matter which is monitored and added that temp and altitude will have no to little effect.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what about a dual sensor afr guage. one with 2 lines so both cylinders could be monitered. i didnt removed the o2 sensors just unplugged them.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
what about a dual sensor afr guage. one with 2 lines so both cylinders could be monitered. i didnt removed the o2 sensors just unplugged them.
Did you say you are running with a Lloydz VFCIII? If so, then why a dual sensor when the one I suggested is sufficient according to Dobeck, the mfr of the VFCIII and other Dobeck tuners, no matter what the brand.
See my previous post.

·
Registered
367 Posts
TNXR

Same here lots of look good mods but no performance mods. Thinking maybe go to Lloyds in June and have timimg wheel install and throttle ring. Everybody seems to like them. Mine is a 2011 CC.

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts
TNXR

Same here lots of look good mods but no performance mods. Thinking maybe go to Lloyds in June and have timimg wheel install and throttle ring. Everybody seems to like them. Mine is a 2011 CC.
Throttle ring don't increase performance but does 'quicken up' the throttle!
I like it..made my own from a bit of poly pipe coupler, cheap as!...its about a third turn as it s
turned out.
Great at the drags as one twist gets it wide open...before Id be tryna readjust my grip at speed very awkward.
I can see and feel now why they are so popular...couldnt go back

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I'm going to play the devil's advocate....I've wasted money on two ATS's over the years before I realized they did nothing for my performance and timing advances caused my bike to run severely hot.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I'm going to play the devil's advocate....I've wasted money on two ATS's over the years before I realized they did nothing for my performance and timing advances caused my bike to run severely hot.
I guess this is one of those "every engine is different" things. Over the years, I've been reading comments ranging from what PaiN said to "wow, that let out the horses!" The latter is my experience. And so many have it adjusted to so many different degree settings - even those who have mods identical to mine. Its one of those, you pays your money and takes your chances things.

·
Premium Member
13,611 Posts
I found the ATS to smoothen out the idle and lower rpm's giving it more torque in the same rpm's. Basically more like the Harley's I rode for 33 years previous to my switch to Victory.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts