Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and 09 Hammer which has both tach and speedo (I assume that year they all came like that). A small gripe I have of the speedo is that it looks beautiful BUT at night the illumination does not contrast well and is hard to read...not a huge deal as I'm used to the position of the needle...

I like the newer updated gauges, and they seem to be easier to read at night, along with they give addition info...

My question, can you put a 14 speedo (and tach to match) on a 09 and get all the functionality (all the goodie readout in the LCD area like gears)?

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I have and 09 Hammer which has both tach and speedo (I assume that year they all came like that). A small gripe I have of the speedo is that it looks beautiful BUT at night the illumination does not contrast well and is hard to read...not a huge deal as I'm used to the position of the needle...

I like the newer updated gauges, and they seem to be easier to read at night, along with they give addition info...

My question, can you put a 14 speedo (and tach to match) on a 09 and get all the functionality (all the goodie readout in the LCD area like gears)?
Sounds like you have a similar speedo to mine?..pale orange light inside?
yeah Ive come to know needle position.
also added a tach which incorporates an O/D light.
side bonus of Burleigh Bars is they actually block the glaring green O/D light that was a pain at night in the rain, also Ive added a $9.99 analog watch taped half over the HI-Beam light and lowered the wattage of its globe.
Hate bright lights staring at me constantly from my own machine, my solution works perfect..
but hey yeah a better speedo update would be great if its available?

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yup...same. though mine is oem factory installed and I have the V bars. The brightness of the lower indicators (hi beam, low fuel, oil...) don't really bother me. matter fact I like the hi beam bright, as during the day I can see it...rest of them rarely light up, and if the low fuel lights up, I definitely want to know about it :)

As for the OD light, hasn't really bothered me much. I'm rarely on the hiway or reason to put in that gear to often.

But yes, the orangey glow of the rest of the speedo/tach is terrible! Colors match the bike, but I can't read **** because they don't contrast. The glow just makes it fuzzy!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed the speedo on my vegas to the led digital one,brilliant you wont go wrong.
Thought about using different speedo, but I really like the oem look.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Thought about using different speedo, but I really like the oem look.
So whats the answer? Grin n bear it?
Wonders if the inside lighting can be changed for clarity.
Guess we gotta just cop it sweet....
Rode my CB750/4 K2 bobber for years with no Speedo or tach.
Or mirrors, chainguard, blinkers,....mustve fell off:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Still wondering though if the newer speedo/tach will work? Is the blue illumination any better?

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Dakota digital speedo/tach I believe is the only alternate.
Digitals not my thing. Thanks anyway.
Ill excercise my tolerance and keep on keeping on.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Still wondering though if the newer speedo/tach will work? If the blue illumination any better?
Wonders how the blue later Speedo would look alongside my orange older look tach?......Photoshop anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts