Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's opinion about upgrading the trunk speakers? How difficult is it? Is it worth it? And if it is, any recommended speakers? I have no idea even what size they are...

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
They are a 5.25" but the recess is VERY shallow. You'll most likely have to cut away some of the trunk to make them fit. I also had to hollow out the mounting area as the speakers I installed were just a bit larger than the OEMs. I used a Dremel.

[EDIT] Here's an early view.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4CbMMvz6DHfWghdBA

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Interesting. I thought you could move the speakers closer to the grills to avoid cutting that. I'll find out next year. Not going to keep listening to buzzing trunk speaker.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Kickers have a direct replacement set that fit without modification. They do sound better than the oem speakers. Yes, there are other options where you need to cut things up to make them fit. Do they sound 'better'? Maybe, but not worth cutting up parts IMHO. There's a Witchdoctors video of them cutting away at the trunk to make a pair of speakers fit. After watching that video I decided not to go that route. There's a Victory Audio Facebook page dedicated to modifying the audio system of these beautiful motorcycles. You're only limited by your ability to spend money.

I added the Victory Extreme fairing and saddlebag audio kits when they were blowing them out at big discounts. I'm glad I did them both. I did replace the fairing 5.25" Extreme speakers with a set of direct replacement Kickers and noticed better, clearer sound.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
From what I hear, the kicker speakers do make a great improvement if you change nothing else. However, I did a bit more than that. Aftermarket head unit, amplifier, separate woofer/tweeters in the rear, 6/5's up front.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My plan is to get a four channel Amp to run the fairing and saddlebags. From there Ill get the special wire to send the audio to the trunk when its on.

I think the X1 fender amp would be a decent thing to add to a trunk. Thats if your four channel cant power fairings , bags and the trunk. ???

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's easy enough. I used Alpines and noticed a nice improvement. I found the oscillating tool good choice, and didn't have CLOSE to the trouble the Dr had in his video....:eek Then I made covers out of the nut jar lid.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts