Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clear upper wind deflector on my bike has started to rub the hard lowers. It's just on the left side when I turn the bars hard, usually parking lot maneuvering. Plenty of space on the right, rubbing on the left. I reckon I can take the bolts out and try to slide the left side lowers over and tighten them back up but has anybody else experienced this?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
there was someone a while back that bought his bike that way new. yes you need to loosen the hard lower mount and push it out again and retighten. its very clear in the instructions how to do it or they will rub, i might still have mine, but wont have time to look till tonight.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The clear upper wind deflector on my bike has started to rub the hard lowers. It's just on the left side when I turn the bars hard, usually parking lot maneuvering. Plenty of space on the right, rubbing on the left. I reckon I can take the bolts out and try to slide the left side lowers over and tighten them back up but has anybody else experienced this?
Here's what I think is the original thread on this, from two-and-a-half years ago: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=12057

I tried to keep an eye on the clamps -- periodically making sure they were tight -- during much of my first season. Didn't help, as the clamps moved anyway. Then, I wrapped stretchy, stick-to-itself, tape around the crash bars, underneath. This has done the trick for more than two years, no further adjustments necessary.

I describe this in pics and captions in my gallery, currently at http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/#26 and the next pic. I've copied those pics below.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
yep and I think the other thing to do is push the bottom in towards the bike while pulling the top outward then tighten the clamps. I take mine on and off each summer and winter and found if I didn't do this it would rub.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The trick for me was to pull the top out while pushing the bottom in. Then do everything WSPollack says.

I take mine off every summer and its a pain each time to keep them from rubbing when reinstalling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts