Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm sitting in the kitchen having my morning Java fix and decided to wander to the front door. I notice a UPS truck driving away and a delivery notice on the window of the door saying the first attempt was made and no one was home.

Does the first attempt just involve putting a notice on the window or is there some sort of ringing of the bell or knocking of the door involved.

Just wondering as I have two yappy dogs who start barking if an ant farts, never mind if the bell rings.

Or is this just a make work project?

To really top it off it was the delivery of my new Hi-Flow filter from Loydds.....arg!

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
UPS damages about 50% of our packages and denies 100% of insurance claims.

Just saying.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There has to be a better way..... How about if the customer owes brokerage fees..... UPS Calls the customer and takes payment over the phone. Then the package can just be delivers and no one has to brake a nail ringing the bell.

No reply or payment .... No delivery.

Just a thought :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Our delivery guy does the same thing! Every damn time. My dog goes crazy at a car in the drive way let alone at the front door. We have at least 5 or 6 deliveries a month...they must hire ninja's or something because they are stealthy mofos.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
LMAO .... I was thinking Ninja's as well.

Dude I was literally 30 feet from the door .... Now as usual I have redirected to depot for pick up and get this there hours of operation are 7:30-9:00am ......and 4:30-6:00pm

What a way to run a business ...... Screw the customer!!!

Need to rethink my shipping methods.
1- UPS doesn't know how to ring a bell or knock.
2- UPS depot only open when the rest of the world is at work.
3- If not picked up in three days it gets sent back

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
So I'm sitting in the kitchen having my morning Java fix and decided to wander to the front door. I notice a UPS truck driving away and a delivery notice on the window of the door saying the first attempt was made and no one was home.

Does the first attempt just involve putting a notice on the window or is there some sort of ringing of the bell or knocking of the door involved.

Just wondering as I have two yappy dogs who start barking if an ant farts, never mind if the bell rings.

Or is this just a make work project?

To really top it off it was the delivery of my new Hi-Flow filter from Loydds.....arg!
This happened to me once - same exact thing.

Since then, if I have a package coming, I keep my ear for the UPS truck and I open the door wide and I stand there waiting for my package. :crzy:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm really convinced its laziness and ninjas aren't lazy by nature. I think it plays out like this;

Well paid driver is lazy/doesn't want to carry packages...
Parks just down the road...
slowly walks up slip in hand scoping area...
sneaks up...
places slip...
runs...
minimum wage stock boy unloads truck...

To make things worse. Some of our deliveries are marked "safe drop" so just leave it on the step...they don't. Then at least 5 times now we have gotten electrical components clearly marked "DO NOT SAFE DROP" and they do...rain or shine. Really leaves me and the wife going "WTF? Who do these guys hire?" Purolator, not UPS (not the go to in Canada). Actually funny to see it seems to be an industry standard. But other then plain old laziness, what could they possibly benefit by not dropping it? I half wonder if the pick up locations need the numbers to justify the labour costs? I dunno, makes no sense.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Piece work ..... Make it piece work, paid by the delivered parcel :) holy crap they would be ringing the front ... The back .... Peeking in the windows.... Stalking you at work, pulling you over n the highway :)

That would fix it .....lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's gotten to the point I refuse to buy off someone (ebay, company, etc.) that will only ship to me via UPS.

Horrible customer service, handling packages like they were footballs, stupid surcharges, have pushed me away.

The breaking point for me was what the OP brought up- making me pick up grom their far away central location (with crappy hours) and lying about attempted drop offs. When you get there, they act like it was an inconvenience for you to show up in person. I've had the scenario where I've been home, or them saying they've made 3 attempts, but purchase was made 2 days ago!

How does a company like this stay in business?:confused:

rant over

·
Registered
81 Posts
I remember back when I had an FFL when UPS left a shipment of 10 rifles on my front porch! No signature, nothing! I called and talked to a manager about it . . . He didn't really sound all that interested though. wac

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
About 10 years ago when i lived in the country, our UPS driver ran over and killed our Labradoodle... He (the dog) was dumber than a post so I'm sure it was probably his fault (trying to chase the truck like my Golden Retriever (who was smart enough not to actually chase too close)), but what pissed me off is that he left him in the street, right in front of my house, for my kids to see when they got home from school...

I tracked the guy down the next day and chewed his ass-scared him pretty good. He drove slower from then on and never killed my other dog, or any of my kids or even my ex-wife...

I like my new driver...doesn't speak a lick of English, but seems to be a better driver than the last. As proof, all my neighbors' annoying mutts seem to still be yapping in unison every morning... I miss that country living...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts