Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I need some urgent help with ordering a new set of pipes. I am mid build on my Highball and i've got the cams in, Torque tubes and pcv on but went to fit the pipes (Freedom Sharp Curve) and they don't bloody fit! The pipes I have are for a Hammer/Jackpot! I was told they were for a narrow tyre bike but apparently not. Can't even send them back to the guy I got them off as I have had them ceramic coated in 1050 degree coating to get the finish perfect! Arrrgh!

Anyway, I need new pipes. My builder in the UK said now is the time to get better pipes since I am buying them again. He said he is worried that the Freedom Sharp Curve will leave too much on the table and will be a bit of a waste since I have the best cams and torque tubes already. He thinks I should get the Thor but I think it looks a bit ordinary compared to Freedoms or Bassani Pro St Turnouts.

What do you guys think? I like the look of the following pipes in this order:
Freedom Sharp Curve
Bassani Pro St Turnouts
Conquest Octanes
RPW Thor
Bassani Road Rage 2:1
Conquest Assault pipe (bit worried it might burn my leg)

Someone told me the other day that the freedoms are one of the best sounding pipes. Even better than the turnouts. Would you all agree with that?

What I don't want to do is make a mistake and buy a nice looking pipe that performs like junk like the Cobra Tri-pro.

I am not going to be dying to win dyno days for top HP or anything. I just want to make an awesome street bike that sounds great and runs like a dream and can smoke a few HD's from the lights :)

Anything else I should look at? If anyone knows a great deal going on them please let me know. I need to have a new pipe ordered asap.

Thanks!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some pics of them

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last pics I have

Attachments

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
The freedom radius pipes look good and sound great. I had a set of chrome Vic straights on my highball that I decatted and modified the baffle. I received many compliments on both sound and looks...probably because it was different.
I do not have a sound clip or any of my own pictures (lost it all when my phone up and walked away).
Traded the HB on an XC. Here's my bike on a dealer site.
http://blizzardsvictorymotorcycles.com/m/showcase_unit.htm?id=965589&status=2

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Cant you just fit a spacer block at the rear mount?
Pipes bolt up same at engine irrespective of model.
Im thinking pipes you got are for a fat tyre rear so will be sticking out a few inches more.
Worth a try.
If all else fails my opinion on looks for 2-1 the very top pic wins hands down.
Try spacing the mount out first though.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My pipes are definitely for the hammer. They stick out too far. I'm just better off reselling them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. I think looking at this again it has to be the Freedom Sharp Curve or the Bassani Pro St Turnouts. Both pipes look made for the Highball.

Just need to know which will work and sound the best with my mods.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Ok. I think looking at this again it has to be the Freedom Sharp Curve or the Bassani Pro St Turnouts. Both pipes look made for the Highball.

Just need to know which will work and sound the best with my mods.
Much of a muchness as we say here mate.
Id go FPSC but I'm biased.
Rode alongside a HB with bassanis on a Vic ride recently and it sounded just as rorty as mine.
Follow your heart.
Which do You like best?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like them both but never heard either. Modified Vic's are few and far between here in the UK. I have to trust the advice of you guys who have used them. Just want to know if one is clearly better or not.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like them both but never heard either. Modified Vic's are few and far between here in the UK. I have to trust the advice of you guys who have used them. Just want to know if one is clearly better or not.
while I am certainly biased on the pipe selection, my bikes gets compliments on sound all the time, I love the freedom performance pipes I have. The curve, the look, the cost, the easy install...I can't say enough. the sound is perfect...but they are loud. I wear earbuds, or plugs when I ride and they are still loud when I rip on it.

I'm not a fan of the pro street turnouts...they sound a little muted in person...don't even think the lines flow that well with the bike either.

Too bad they don't make the bassani radial sweepers for our bikes yet...at least I do't think they do...best pipes ever imo.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the RPW Thor on my 13 Judge. Went with it on advice from Lloydz as the pipe that gave the best performance, based on Lloydz dyno testing at the time. Large improvement but hard to tell how much pipe alone caused as I upgraded wth air filters and new chip also. Bike now roars - it is actually too loud, I have to be careful not to let it rip around town as would get too many complaints, but on the open road it is excellent. Thor finish is ordinary however and you may not want the straight look.
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1448253611.942057.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Back on the horse again huh Big Tav?

Congrats mate......AGAIN :)

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
One possible option- do your current pipes have a heat shield? If so, take them off (i.e. **** the powder coating), bend them a little bit to get the fit better, and then wrap them- wrapped looks heaps better IMHO.

Reactions: DVega

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
One possible option- do your current pipes have a heat shield? If so, take them off (i.e. **** the powder coating), bend them a little bit to get the fit better, and then wrap them- wrapped looks heaps better IMHO.

That's a great idea!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
There are vids of the pipes on the manufacturers youtube page. Any video involving bikes has the pipes I suggested. (The rider with the mounted camera has them)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ftBUQLbSVGQ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts