Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 134 year old USA distillery in Kentucky called Buffalo Trace has sold to a China conglomerate. Now my Weller's Special Reserve is distributed in limited quantities in US. And, 12 year old bourbon is unobtainable. The,"in God we Trust", on the dollar is gone. Have you tried Sake? Godspeed.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
A 134 year old USA distillery in Kentucky called Buffalo Trace has sold to a China conglomerate. Now my Weller's Special Reserve is distributed in limited quantities in US. And, 12 year old bourbon is unobtainable. The,"in God we Trust", on the dollar is gone. Have you tried Sake? Godspeed.
Remember this next you're at Wal-Mart as you pass by the now out of business local merchants. We all can look in the mirror and see who caused us to sell out our country.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
A couple of things;

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!! Buffalo Trace is my favorite Bourbon for just sipping around the house. Decently priced for a decent bourbon.

Vin is totally right. I've never like Walmart's business practices. When they deal with suppliers it's their way or the highway.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dirty cream of wheat! I guess that means Elmer T Lee is out as well due to being made at the same distillery? Buffalo Trace and Elmer's is my favorite bourbon as well.....Time to run out and fetch a few more bottles and that be the end off it.

btw, Sake is Japanese and yes I've tried it and it's boat gas as far as I'm concerned.....LOL

·
Registered
569 Posts
The buffalo trace is good but I guess I wont buy that again, besides IMHO- Balcones single malt is the bomb, followed by Woodford reserve, and Garrison Brothers whiskey.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The buffalo trace is good but I guess I wont buy that again, besides IMHO- Balcones single malt is the bomb, followed by Woodford reserve, and Garrison Brothers whiskey.
Thanks Bigmike. Being a Texan I looked into Balcones and Garrison Brothers and found some great reviews for Balcones Baby Blue Corn bourbon. Also decent reviews for their True Blue bourbon. You can find reviews of spirits at drinkspirits.com. Unfortunately reviews for Garrison Brothers was not so great. I still want a try it for myself.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I went to Spec's on Friday and they were giving free samples of various favored vodka's (nasty) and a new local whiskey called red river...that stuff was disgustingly sweet, so much so that if you had put a single cherry and mint sprig in it, it would have made an overly sweet mint julep. It was free, but my recommendation is to avoid it, unless it is free and you are desperate.

·
Registered
632 Posts
You need two screws with washers and nuts...
You run to the local hardware store, AKA Mom and Pop...
You need a hundred screws with washers and nuts you drive to the big box discount store to get them, Cheaper that way$$$$
We have met the Enemy.. And he is Us... Pogo....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts