Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance as I’m new to Victory. I purchased my ‘14 XC a couple months back and instead of the 30 pin connector in the saddlebag I have a USB connector. When using the AUX function on the bike and plugging in my IPhone, I do not get any sound from the speakers in the fairing. The music comes from out of the phone as if it is not plugged into anything. Wondering if I need to change out the wiring coming from the stereo in the fairing or just try changing the back end of the wiring and put a 30 pin connector back on.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,886 Posts
They probably put a USB plug in the saddlebag for phone charging.

Look at saddlebag from underneath you'll see two blade connectors. I use them on my bike for added 12V plug to right saddlebag.

See here for what the 12V connectors look like. Two black connectors you will probably see them plugged into bottom of your saddlebag.

Stereo connection would be two white square plugs with pins. The iPod cable connects to those.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The previous owner swapped the 30 pin for the USB and it’s plugged into the two white connectors that run to the fairing

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Do your stereo control buttons look like the cruise control?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Controls work as I can toggle through FM, AM, Weather , and the AUX. FM works fine, however, I’m having issues with AUX through the USB port in the bag

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The radio control are totally different on models that support USB. If it looks like cruise control with vertical buttons you have the old style radio that will never play music from USB. The newer radio control has buttons arranged in a circular pattern.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just went through a similar situation with my bike, which is a 2014 XC. My fix was pretty easy. I had a XM radio cradle placed in my right saddle bag to run an XM Radio. The XM radio would routinely loosen during my ride and stop working. I opted to stop using the XM Radio. In its place, I decided to use the 30 pin adapter to attach it to a blue tooth device (Cool Stream Duo) that would allow me to stream XM or downloaded music from my iPhone. When I initially plugged in the blue tooth device it didn't work. If you look in the space between your right saddlebag and the fender you'll see several connectors. What was done on my bike and probably done on yours for the USB charger was that certain connectors were disconnected that enabled to other devices to work while disabling the 30 pin connector. What I did was disconnect what was assembled to make my XM Radio work and reconnect the other ones and my 30 pin connector worked. So now I can use my Cool Stream Duo. Believe me I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but in my case I got lucky and I was able to turn my 30 pin connector back on. You might take a look to see if those connectors are easily visible on your bike and try doing what I did. The other option is to bring it to a local Victory Dealer who might be able to help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate the help. I pulled the seat and side panels off. Seen that the usb is connected just like the 30 pin connector would be. Problem is, I don’t know if that portion of the wiring is bad, or if it’s the cable that runs from the fairing to the back of the bike where the 30 pin connector would plug in to the two white plugs.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Are you sure it doesn't have the regular 30 pin with an adapter plugged into it for USB charging?
I don't think they had a factory cable with only USB on it for any of the models.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
My bike came with the thing listed above on Ebay, With it plugged into a cool stream duo you will have bluetooth. Otherwise if you have an Iphone you can get a converter to turn the 30 pin into a lightening plug and have music through it.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
My searching doesn't show that anywhere as being a factory part but maybe it was for later years.

If you get the iPod 30 pin connector you can do as mentioned with Bluetooth adapter or get a used iPod off eBay. This is what I have done and the used little iPod nano works great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts