Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I'm new to this site. I would like to ask you opinion on the purchase of a used 2007 8 Ball with 17,000kms. I know its a fairly broad question, but would it be a concern with that mileage? The pice is fair, just wondering about the kms. thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pilotrt,
I own a 2007 8 ball and love it. I'm not sure I would be too worried about 17K. She's still a baby. I think it's all about how you take care of your bike. I know plenty of people with over 50K on their bikes and still going strong. Certainly it helps if you know the background of the bike but if you are buying blindly 17K alone wouldn't stop me. That's my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Not sure if you're still in the market for that 07 8-Ball, but I can say I have an 07 as well with 16,000 miles on it and it's in great shape. So the fact that the one you're thinking about has 17k shouldn't be a particular concern as Gashouse Gorilla said.

The concerns should be whether or not the oil has been changed regularly, how well has the bike been kept as far as protection from the elements, does it get cleaned after a ride, and, has the bike ever been laid down. If it has gone down, what damage was done and was the bike repaired properly?

For the most part, a test ride and visual inspection should give you what you need to know. All the Victory riders I've talked to really do seem to keep up with the maintenance and general care of their bikes so you may well be getting a real gem, Pilotrt.

Write back and let us know what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts