Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a set of used highway pegs and of course no instructions. So being as non mechanically inclined as i am, without having to pay the rip off dealer i have in the area, can anyone tell me where to begin?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I popped off the floorboard rubber... lined up the highway pegs to where I wanted to mount them... used a white highlighter (white out works good too) to locate the holes... punched the centers and drilled the holes out... bolted on the bases... added the pegs... then put the floorboard rubber back on. If you choose to take the floorboard off the bike to do this... watch carefully the position and exact location of the spring... it's a pia to put back on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I popped off the floorboard rubber... lined up the highway pegs to where I wanted to mount them... used a white highlighter (white out works good too) to locate the holes... punched the centers and drilled the holes out... bolted on the bases... added the pegs... then put the floorboard rubber back on. If you choose to take the floorboard off the bike to do this... watch carefully the position and exact location of the spring... it's a pia to put back on.
So you drilled the holes with the floorboards on the bike? the Pegs mount to the underside of the Boards right? And here comes some stupidity....the bolts go under the rubber or from the underside of the boards? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a lift so it was just as easy to clamp the highway peg plate on and mark the holes and drill while the floorboards were still on the bike. Without a lift my guess is that you'll have to lay on the floor... Yes they mount to the underside of the plate and it really doesn't matter which way the bolts go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts