Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Utopia driver back rest on their XC and how do you like it?

Was it easy to install?

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
Piece of cake to install. I got the quick detachable mount. I like it just fine. I've heard some people say it's a little too wide at the bottom for some passengers. I guess it's hard for some people to spread their legs a bit more. I dunno.

The new adjustable floorboard brackets are nice if you have them.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have one also (on both my XC and Goldwing). I really like it, attached to the bolts for the grap strap, so super easy install. Very adjustable and, as I recall, less $$ than the one from Victory. Also, I had read reviews on this forum by those whe didn't seem to like the adjustability on the Victory backrest, although I have no direct experience myself.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Simple to install, price was right and can be adjusted for ride comfort as you go down the road. I also ordered mine with the police pad, no extra charge. It is just a little shorter in height, looks better IMHO. Best backrest I have ever had. The one that Mustang makes is just as comfortable, but no Mustang for the XC or XR.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone have the Utopia driver back rest on their XC and how do you like it?

Was it easy to install?
I have one. Took several weeks to arrive, but they tell you exactly when it will ship when you order. They were right on the promised time. Install took maybe 15 minutes. I really like it. I needed the adjustability that the Vic backrest doesn't offer, so the Utopia was perfect for me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the Utopia backrest with the smaller "police" pad. I agree with you guys that the large original pad on the Utopia backrest is just too big. But I can't find a picture of the smaller "police" backrest pad.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do not have a picture handy but the pad measures about 7 1/2 inches or so high as opposed to I think 12 inches (check the Utopia site). Somebody else will chime in with a pic.....

·
Registered
573 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the Utopia backrest with the smaller "police" pad. I agree with you guys that the large original pad on the Utopia backrest is just too big. But I can't find a picture of the smaller "police" backrest pad.
If this works, sorry for the quality...new cell phone:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks Greg. That defenitely looks better than the full sized version. I think I'll definitely go that route for the backrest. Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wish I had known about the police pad. I think it would be better as well.
Where is the option for the police pad for the XC/XCT? Is there a link? I don't see it listed on their site.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
Where is the option for the police pad for the XC/XCT? Is there a link? I don't see it listed on their site.

Thank you!
That's the problem. It's not listed as an option. You need to call them. I guess I will too at some point to see what they will charge for just the pad.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Glad I caught this thread in time to change my order to the shorter pad! According to the gal at Utopia, the two pad heights are 9" and 7"....

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
I got a reply on the shorter Police pad. Within an hour on a Sunday morning of a 3 day weekend I might add.

They say they are made for the gear the Police wear on their holster and don't advertise them because in most cases they don't recommend them. They didn't say whey they don't recommend them.

Cost is $157 shipped because it requires different hardware. This makes it a cost prohibitive change for those who already have the larger stock pad but ok for those ordering new.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts