Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its got to be an eagerly awaited shootout V rod vs octane, 1200cc American v twin showdown, any magazines put them head to head yet ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I own both. .Octane is faster off the line, but vrod smokes it. Better brakes on vrod but the octane is more fun because it's easier to throw around. .

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would hope the V Rod would smoke the Octane in a straight line, but I doubt it could outperform an Octane on a MotoGP style track. After all the V Rod was designed to be a drag bike.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats the comfort on them like? I always liked the V rod lovely detail touches on them but at a high 40% mark up compared to the Octane.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
The V-ROD is the best HD model out there. The bike is a blast but I don't think you can compare it with the Octane. Just the HP is way higher on the V-ROD, Stock is like 128HP.

I have own two, both 2007 models. My last V-ROD was the VRSCX model, I trade it for my 2013 Judge. No regrets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used to own a VRSCA vrod until I totaled it last year. I was looking at an octane before I ended up buying a cross country instead. I like the cross country quite a bit, and the wife loves riding on it which is good, but it definitely is not a thrilling ride. So that leaves me wanting another "fun" bike. The vrod is the only harley I've ever had any interest in owning, and I will likely own another one some day unless something better becomes available. You would think Victory or any other bike manufacturer would have the vrod in it's sights when releasing a power cruiser, but it seems they all fall short in one way or the other... The vrod is a great ride, fast, fun, and I used to throw mine around quite a bit in the curves without any problems... damn I miss that bike, but would still like to go for a ride on an Octane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts