Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 1999 victory v92c with transmission problems. jumps out of 4th gear. i tear it down and it has bent forks and rails and dog gears are worn. parts are too expensive and the trans has design flaws. my question is: will a 2001 engine bolt on? up to what year will bolt on? what would i need for a swap? computer, sensors? the bike means alot to me and i want to put a reliable motor on it. any info on the subject of and engine swap would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
If the motor looks the same, and has a speed sensor mounted in the top of the case behind the rear cyl. It is a 99-00. Though the tranny may have been updated if the motor also has a speed sensor "looking" at the drive sprocket.
The 99 is the only year that had gloss black for the motor. Starting in 00 the engines were satin, textured finish

To put in a later Freedom 92" motor 02-06. All you need to do is to swap the crank trigger wheel, and voltage regulator. The rest will work as is

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kevinx v92 engine swap

i found a 2002, v92 for my 99 swap. can i use the crank trigger wheel and voltage regulator off my 99 to complete the swap?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kevinx v92 engine swap

where is the crank trigger wheel located. do you have to seperate the cases. i cant find it on the microfiche. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts