Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to these forums. I introduced myself in intro section.

Anyways, noticed that no one really builds bobbers from victory's for some reason. I bought a basket case from a guy that was totaled due an old lady backing over front of bike.

I am in need of front forks, front wheel, front rotors and calipers, tank and so on. I have been watching ebay like crazy but am not finding parts. So if anyone has some chime in and let me know.

Its gonna be somewhat of a slow build as I have to slowly snake money from account so wife don't notice. Will try and post pics as I go. I am gonna do some mods like relocate back mono shock to lower seat in frame, move some stuff to clean look up and so on.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bobber project

Got new frame bolted up. Take note of stock shock location. It will be relocated here shortly. I modeled swing arm in cad software and did analysis for new location so that I maintain geometry. I think a possible re-valve and different spring will be needed for shock after I move it. I am doing this so that I can mount seat deeper into frame for custom look.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
What do you plan to do with the left over parts? I may have some parts I would trade you for. Let me know if you are interested.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Good lookin project! Going to be cool to follow so keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
progress

I was going to start on rear shock relocation, then had a few ideas. I am going to wait to move shock until I get front wheel and forks. I need to see how much the bike sags with weight of bike and rider for proper mounting location of shock. Don't want bike to sag in middle, might look funny. I can model this in solidworks to check component design.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to spring break, I have a break from classes which enabled me to work on bike a bit.

Got shock relocate done. It works really well.

I attatched pics of new shock position and bracket for upper mount relocate.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cool!! With your shock relocated to that position, I would assume a revalve is in order as well as a larger spring or spring spacer to increase preload? Maybe run a bit higher nitrogen pressure?

I bobbed a 1984 Honda V65 Magna a few years ago. Was a lot of fun and I learned a lot in the process. Will definitely be watching your build!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shock relocate update

So my brother in law and I noticed a flaw in the last mount. So we redid it. works really nice now.

Waiting on seat and tank.

I bought a highball wheel for front but have found that it's way to wide for v92 sport cruiser forks. I have been trying to find out if touring cruiser forks are wider then sport cruiser forks. Also have been researching highball parts such as front forks and triple clamps. It's really amazing how little info their is on Victory and anyone that really knows much about them.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
reply to parts

Hey thanks for the heads up, I have actually bought some parts from them. I have all of the parts guys looking for some highball upper and lower triple clamps.

I decided I am going to try my luck at building a seat pan. I figure worst case I will just buy one. Still waiting on tank though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
update

wanted to post an update.

I have ordered a set of highball triple clamps new due to lack of used ones anywhere. I searched high and low but apparently not many highballs have been wrecked yet. I really want to use the highball front wheel.

This however created a new problem. Forks for highball are like 600 bucks a piece. The forks for highball are also 43mm and the Cruiser forks for V92C are 45mm. Since V92 forks are so much cheaper and easily attainable, I am going to machine the clamps to fit the V92 forks. I will only have to take of .080 outta each hole which is a little over a 1/16th. This is the minor problem. The highball clamps also mount to the steering stem in a completely different fashion. The neck of the highball has a lower needle bearing and the top uses a sealed ball bearing, which is a bit odd I must say. So I think I am going to have to fab up some kind of adapter or cut steering stem of V92 off and weld on neck from highball. Only problem with this is the complete lack of wrecked highballs. I am going to see if vegas or kingpin or any steering stems on other victory bikes are the same as the highball.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
starting to come around

Got some front forks. Waiting on highball triple clamps. Started on seat pan. gettin closer. I need a front brake caliper and rotor off a 2006 or newer, anyone have one? The rotor has to be a 6 bolt. Kingpin rotor works for sure so if anyone knows where one is besides ebay let me know.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 136 Posts