Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Almost started last night. Pressure keeps bleeding off of fuel system, which tends to make me think the fuel injectors are leaking. Took injectors off to clean, they were full of crap. I heard rumors that delphi (GM) injectors are the same. If so I would just like to buy some new ones.

BBob, yes that's my home shop. Many years of saving and buying equipment. I am looking for a bridgeport vertical mill and then I will have everything I need to make what ever I want. I currently use my buddy's dads mill, but want my own in my shop.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
BBob, yes that's my home shop. Many years of saving and buying equipment. I am looking for a bridgeport vertical mill and then I will have everything I need to make what ever I want. I currently use my buddy's dads mill, but want my own in my shop.
Well color me envious. You could easily make a nice living off what you have there plus the Cadillac of vertical mills; a Bridgeport. At the very least; a nice part time income.

Being able to make your own parts from scratch: Priceless!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Did you clean the injectors and try em again, or are you just gonna try to find new ones first? And that's some nice equipment you got, it's nice to be able to custom make your own parts. Keep us posted on the scooter

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Yeah tried cleaning them, no luck. One of the injectors is just stuck open. Getting an extreme rich condition. Front plug keeps getting flooded out.

Found a good deal on injectors on ebay so waiting for them to show up.

Got the exhaust wrapped. The tank and rear sprocket will be the same color.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
response

Well, I actually just filled it the other day to see. I had a 2 gallon gas can that I filled it with and it held almost the whole two gallons. Only a half-inch left in can. So yes range is going to suck, only about 60-70 miles I am guessing.

That guard kitty protects my shop lol, he's viscous little @#%%$$.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey Lightweight very nice work on that Vic. Like others on the forum
cant wait to see the final product. By the way maybe you can use your skills and come up with a fix for the 1999-2000 trans problem. I'm
sure there 's still a lot of these Bikes out there sitting in garages just waiting on a fix. Might make a good side business for you.

Just a Thought.....Good Luck with the rest of your project.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
ugh

Still waiting on new parts. I did get fuel injectors working. The boot that connects throttle bodies to jugs was torn pretty badly. Seems like a common problem on these bikes for 03-07. I have an odd decompression sound coming from front cylinder. Oddly, it's the cylinder that wasn't firing. I think rings gooped up from sitting so long.

What was the problem with the early bikes, something with the tranny? No one has come up with a solution? Hmmmm...

If someone wants to send me a donor, I could see if its something I could develop a fix for.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah the trans problem is still out there. Mine just started doing it. It will pop out of 3rd gear. It sucks. I'll be looking at upgrading to 02-07 motor or a 100ci

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Still waiting on new parts. I did get fuel injectors working. The boot that connects throttle bodies to jugs was torn pretty badly. Seems like a common problem on these bikes for 03-07. I have an odd decompression sound coming from front cylinder. Oddly, it's the cylinder that wasn't firing. I think rings gooped up from sitting so long.

What was the problem with the early bikes, something with the tranny? No one has come up with a solution? Hmmmm...

If someone wants to send me a donor, I could see if its something I could develop a fix for.
pour some Eucalyptus oil in the stuck rings cylinder let it sit for a week or two and theyll free up, I unseized a fully time-locked Buick straight 8 with it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
So an update, checked compression, ran diagnostics on all sensors clean electrical connections, checked coil and this bike just wont start. The TPS was out of spec so replaced it, still didn't do the trick.:crzy:

I think the problem is either the ECM or two mystery wires.

Because I didn't use the stock speedo, there are two wires that went from the speedo to the ECM that I have no idea whose function is. I am starting to think these wires need to be connected to finish a loop or something. I am going to try and get ahold of Loyd's and get his opinion. I know on my brother in laws polaris qaud, everything is wired through the speedo and when the speedo failed the quad wouldn't start.

It' weird however because the rear cylinder fires but the front cylinder won't. Plugs are wet, have spark. A bit baffling. Will figure it out but am at a road block at the moment.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
If you are getting spark and the plugs get wet with fuel; two things come to mind.

1) There isn't enough amperage to fire the plug under compression. Lots of things could cause this. Bad plug wire. Battery low or bad. Corrosion at a ground. Things like that.

2) Some kind of timing issue which you have already looked at.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Checked plug wires and battery is brand new agm. Both volts and amps are good.

I think I stumbled onto the problem. So like I mentioned before. The speedo had to wires that run from the ECM to the Speedo. These are what I think is a canBUS setup. Basically, in a nutshell, the ECM sends the speedo a handshake, the speedo then sends a signal back to ECM telling it everything is ok which in turn allows it to fire up and run. From what I have read pre 2011 bikes don'h have this type of system, but I still have two wires unhooked that match the wiring schematic with no place to hook them.

I got an address from Victory and was directed to write them about the problem I am having. They said that at a minimum, they could tell me if the bike does utilize a canBUS system and if the two wires are what is keeping it from starting. So I will send a letter off tomorrow and wait to see what they say. Not sure if it's a coincidence or actual but it's the only thing left that I can check. I had to dig way deep into the noodle to check everything I knew how to.

Its a bummer to see bike ready to ride and can't get it started. UGH.:crzy:

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's rough, hopefully you can get it squared away soon and fire it up

·
Registered
545 Posts
There was a post a while back about early years using canBUS. It was a thread about Dakota digital gauge. I'll try to find it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

Thanks speeddemon, I saw that post. I had a couple of techs tell me that this bike doens't have canbus. I am starting to think it's just the ecm. I am tempted to buy one on ebay and give it a whirl. Can't be anything else really?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'll try to remember to look at my service manual on Monday, it has all the wiring diagrams in it, so if it has canbus, it should be in the diagram

81 - 100 of 137 Posts