Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
none

After talking with a bunch of folks and reading more blogs on the forums, I have bought another computer. It was a bunch cheaper then having mine flashed. Also, the one I bought on ebay comes with a Dyno Jet Power Commander. That was an added bonus really because I was going to need something similar due to the pipes and intake. ECM will be here hopefully by end of week, so till then it will just have to sit and wait.wac. Which is to bad to cause here in Colorado, we are having a very spring like winter.

Also, I am pretty sure this bike does not have canbus now, but the two wires that use to run from speedo to ECM are baffling.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hate having to wait too. I am near Colorado Springs and I have a Stage 1 kit to install, throttle bodies to clean, and radio work to finish on the fairing. My daughter's 2003 needs throttle bodies cleaned and a gremlin in the fuel gauge tracked down and killed. Saturdays are my day to get these things done but the weather is supposed to be bad this weekend. I can't wait for summer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Tag to be here for joyous Brrrrrrp Brrrrrrp when the new ECM arrives and key is turned.

Major props to OP for skill set and determination levels that make some of us feel like simpletons.

OP you are still in schoool? What do you want to do with your degree? Any particular industrial venue?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
no go

Well, got the ECM, plugged her in and...

Still won't fire. Plugs are really wet. Literally the only thing left that I can think of is to take bike to dealer and have them set TPS. It has spark, fuel and air so it should fire. I took off timing chain cover just to make sure that chains didn't slip a tooth or something. Something with this computer is just not letting it fire up.

Also, to answer your question MMGUT. Yep, still in school. I have 4 more semesters of engineering classes left (nice way of saying 2 years.) I have worked in civil engineering for 10 years and thought with my interests considered, mechanical engineering is a great fit for me. With that said I will still probably stay in Civil Engineering just because I am vested with a company and have worked towards ownership if all goes well. I have also thought about starting a prototype company on the side. CNC machines have come down in price and are really quite affordable. I think it would be pretty awesome to make some custom one off parts for people.

Not sure if my skill set is any better then yours or the next guys, I just have a compulsive side to me that won't let me stop. Considering the time it's taken to get this far. I am excited to get this bike on the road solely because here in Grand Junction you won't see another one like it.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
I am excited to get this bike on the road solely because here in Grand Junction you won't see another one like it.
I don't thing you will see another one like it anywhere. Definitely a one of a kind. Sure, there will be some with similar styles, but when you look at them up close the differences will be obvious.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
update

An update:

I found that my snap-on compression gauge needed some calibration. Come to find that after I used a different gauge off my brothers snap-on truck, I now know why the bike wont start. Compression in front cylinder is 75 psi and rear cylinder is 50 psi:(. While this is a pain, I feel partially relieved. I also spoke with Kevinx through email correspondence and he mentioned that speed senor or crank sensor is suspect here as well. Spring break at the college is next week so will tear down top end of motor to see what is contributing to the piss poor compression.thumb up

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Rings Stuck

Disassembled bike and top end of motor last night. Rings are completely stuck in grooves. Going to have to try and soak pistons in solvent. Tried to remove rings with pick and rings were basically seized in place. WEIRD! Anyways, ordered rings and gaskets. I am going to split the case and clean it out and check the rest over. Surprisingly, the rest of motor looks great aside from 12 years of collecting dust. Maybe a 1000 miles on engine.

Also, front cylinder head has a crack at top where motor mounts to frame:(. In the wreck it must have broke, so if anyone knows where I can find a head for an 03 v93TC cruiser, let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Looks like the perfect opportunity for a big bore kit and some S&S .495 cams/springs/retainers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 · (Edited)
It's done!!!

Here it is. It's all done. Glad I freshened the motor up. It runs like an animal.

First ride was last night 6/1/15. Foot clutch was a challenge. It rides and handles really nice. The tough feel of bike makes it a blast.

Will try and post a vid of it running. The exhaust sounds AWESOME!

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Amazing you've seen this thing through. Good on ya. Tell the tail of acquiring a new cylinder head for that beast.

Here it is. It's all done. Glad I freshened the motor up. It runs like an animal.

First ride was last night 6/1/15. Foot clutch was a challenge. It rides and handles really nice. The tough feel of bike makes it a blast.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Damn dude that's awesome! I bet you were pretty excited when it fired up!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·

I never did find a head and refused to pay 8 hundo for a new one. So I dissembled the head and put the tig to it. I used a high silicon filler rode made for cast aluminum welding. I then used a small die bit and prepped the crack at 30 degrees. The crack was only to bottom of motor mount, more superficial than anything. Total length of weld was 1.5-inches. I am no master at welding cast alum, so no pics lol. The only reason I cared to weld it was I didn't want the head to leak oil (like a Harley.)

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts

Will try and post a vid of it running. The exhaust sounds AWESOME!
Farout!!!....a very usable work of art.
Kudos to you, that beast would be right at home on the set of MadMax 'Fury Road'

101 - 120 of 137 Posts