Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
That's just ridiculous! You have to post some more pics of the finished product.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
r

I was going to paint and all that, but I am really thinking I am not now I think the welds and grind marks contribute to the look of the bike. Will post more pics when I get a vid of it running.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
Extremely impressive very well done!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love this thread. The bike looks badass and the amount of obstacles overcame is inspiring! I love reading any story of what a determined person can do in the face of adversity when they apply their knowledge and resources to the fullest. I am a fan!
So what's his/her name?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 · (Edited)
Pics and a vid

Here are a few pics of finished cleaned and ready to ride. I am having a hell of a time getting a vin and registration. I hope to ride this bike "legally" by end of this month.

Does anyone know if you can post a video on here?

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
registration

So, to all who are curious.

I have after a year of back and forth with the state finally been issued a VIN number and title!!! I was beginning to think this was never going to happen. They do everything they can to deter you from applying.

Getting the VIN was much more difficult than actually building the bike.

Lesson from this is - buy a bike with a TITLE, and then cut it up and do what you like.

A plus is the bike is finally road legal and ready for some road time.

Attachments

·
13,318 Posts
If you haven't you should Kevinx photos and tell him how it all went

great job

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
appraisal

Just had appraisal done by two different outfits.

Harley dealership, appraised bike at $7,200.
Independent appraiser valued bike at $8,400.

I feel these are pretty fair. They both said if I paint, it would bring value up. However, I think the unpainted look is really part of the bike character. Not sure if I should bother with it.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
I can't believe I never seen this thread before ... This looks awesome .... I just read all 14 pages ...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

121 - 137 of 137 Posts