Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the planning stages of installing a newer Freedom style 92 motor into my 99. How hard is it to paint one of the silver ones to be black? The reason i ask is it prefer the black motors cause it popes the chrome better. There are 3 on Ebay for sale right now. Two of them are silver with about 25,000 miles on them, the third is a black one with 54,000 miles on it. Little weary on it with that many miles and I don't know how it has been taken care of. Should I even be worried about buying a motor with that many miles on it?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I thought about doing this to a set of silver cylinders in a 100 CI kit that I found cheap but never followed through-I was looking at a couple of products from VHT & PJ1. I think if you did a real good prep job, de-greased everything you could get an acceptable results-it would be easy to do any touch ups down the road too.paint & just use a palm sander to shine up the fin edges and it would look like new.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/910-637?utm_source=PLAs&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=COinnIfb9rcCFe9cMgodihMAmg

·
Registered
208 Posts
Peace of cake. Just get some good quality engine paint, degrease and
clean the engine well and paint. In fact I'm going to freshen mine up
at the end of the riding season.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is probably what I will do than. Just would like to get a lower mileage engine for the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts