Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am 2+ months and 2400 miles into my first Vic, a 04 V92TC and am absolutely in love with this bike! A couple of the quirks I read about before the purchase are true and completely livable! I jumped on the forums here and have been getting acclimated so was noticing that there was not a lot of TC posts happening under this topic.

Curious if any of you TC owners have pics or wanted to brag on mods you seen, liked or have completed or want to complete on your TC. I posted 2 projects under separate threads that I am researching or going to complete during the winter months when riding is an absolute non-option (snow/ice only lol).

For me, I have always liked the Electraglide flow/appearance but didn’t have the extra cash lying around the private sellers were asking for a low mile, newer used HD. Came across my current Vic, great price, great bike and candy apple metallic flake red like I wanted. As soon as I started it up, I was sold and the ride capped it! Anyway, here is one link to a TC that was tricked into a VictoryGlide which I thought was pretty cool to get the thread rolling and hope to see/hear more from you all.

If there are any TC Vic bubbas around the Chesapeake VA area give me a shout.

Tim

http://www.baggersmag.com/features/1003_hrbp_2003_victory_deluxe_touring_cruiser/viewall.html

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have a 04 TC too and love the feel and power.Had to get a lowering clevis to get the feel right.Only complaint I have is with a passenger I have a squeek that is annoying but livable.Mine is blue with too much chrome.I went with the Vic due to 2 things 1st I HATE the Twinkie Harley 2nd I already have the best Harley ever made so I wanted a great American bike and always loved Polaris.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I have a 04 TC too and love the feel and power.Had to get a lowering clevis to get the feel right.Only complaint I have is with a passenger I have a squeek that is annoying but livable.Mine is blue with too much chrome.I went with the Vic due to 2 things 1st I HATE the Twinkie Harley 2nd I already have the best Harley ever made so I wanted a great American bike and always loved Polaris.
You need to pull the shock, free up , clean, and lube the ball ends that the bolts go through

·
Registered
357 Posts
You need to pull the shock, free up , clean, and lube the ball ends that the bolts go through
I have had the shock off and sprayed white grease on the ball.It still makes the noise.I may end up taking off again and taking the ball out,clean it with Penitron and then use grease on it.
If this dont work any other ideas

·
Registered
4 Posts
04 TC Loving it.

I live in IN. so I can identify with snow and ice even though we had a mild winter but I had to scrape up enough cash to put new tires on and fork seals before I could ride. I spent the whole tax check on it . Wife was pissed but like I told her I supported her kid,girlfriend and the 2 grandkids when they need a place to crash and her brother too. She got over it and she's on the back every nice day to ride.:)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have had the shock off and sprayed white grease on the ball.It still makes the noise.I may end up taking off again and taking the ball out,clean it with Penitron and then use grease on it.
If this dont work any other ideas
I found the problem!It wasnt the shock at all.The swing arm had black tape around it to keep the side cover from rubbing and the tape had wore through.New tape and now no sqweek.
thumb up

·
Registered
236 Posts
This could be cool I'd like to see every ones TC. Heres my 04 TC I've only had it for a week and a day and 800 miles I love it. Any one know why they discontinued the TC? I'm just curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
this is the only thing I've done to it, after seeing the others on this board who did it I couldn't resist. Plus it was a fun little project for me and my daughter to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got an 03 TC & ain't got enough miles on it yet to really appreciate it. I got a real good price cause of cosmetic damage & am trying to find a front fender (been all over ebay & Craigs) and a driving light. If anyone has any leads I'd love to have em. Bugs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
try Googling salvaged victory TC's there appears to be some available parts and bikes . I was just surfing but didn't get tooo deep into it , it might be worth a look . Mike:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Loud Pipes

I just got, a couple of weekends ago, a 05 TC. Like the bike so far except the exhaust. LOUD! very loud. Even with ear plugs & I wear a full face helmet. The sale included the original pipes, I am going to put them on the first chance I get. I assume this is not a complicated task. Any tricks or something to watch out for?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your bags use the pipes as the lower support. I am not sure what your "stock pipes" look like as I have the same pipes as yours but you don't have to remove the bags to remove the pipes. Should just be the clamp forward of the exhaust and the two on the inside of the exahust with the wrap around bracket.

I would be curious to know what flash you have on it as I found I had a Stage 1 already on the bike that must have came with the pipe purchase. The flash, pipes and if you have a K&N air filter in that airbox are going to get you the best performance out of the engine without replacing the stock airbox with a big sucker K&N. If you think its too loud now, don't replace the stock box but DO remove that screen in the side of your stock air box. You will be suprised how much of an increase in power you get from that and it may help you stay out of the throttle as much. Just a thought.

Just wanted to run this by you with regards to the pipes being too loud. I have the same pipes and replaced the stock air box with a K&N and do pretty well getting in and out of the neighborhood with no complaints from the neighbors (I work 2nd and 3rd shift) as long as I am smooth on the throttle, not crackin it hard. I do agree it will let loose when your gettin into it but seems to level out quite well once your up to cruising speed but I love the sound of the bike and the performance it brings. I just finished 19 hours straight on the highway with a shorty helmet and standard ear plugs and will admit it is no goldwing by any means but I didnt think it was obnoxious.

Great lookin bike, love the color (hehe) and if you got any other questions and stuff would be glad to help as much as I can. Im about 8 months and 10k miles into my 04 and LOVE IT!

Safe riding!thumb up

Tim

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just got, a couple of weekends ago, a 05 TC.
Nice man I've only had my 04 TC for just over two weeks and love it.

I've only done little small things to make it mine so far until I order my fairing. I just painted the victory on the gas cap I really like the way it turned out. My wife says it looks like it was suppose to look like this.

I also removed the chain from my key chain.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to see a couple new TC's on the board! Welcome guys and holler if you need something! You are owners of an awesome machine!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, been gone a while. The pipes are the same, the internals are what is different. I assume it is just a matter of removing the outer chrome cover and replacing the internal 'guts' of the exhaust. There was a pipe wrench and an air filter(not new) in the box with the "original" internals so I make the assumption it is a matter of unscrewing the old off & the new on. Will have to take it to the dealer to see what, if anything has been done to the chip.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just got, a couple of weekends ago, a 05 TC. Like the bike so far except the exhaust. LOUD! very loud. Even with ear plugs & I wear a full face helmet. The sale included the original pipes, I am going to put them on the first chance I get. I assume this is not a complicated task. Any tricks or something to watch out for?
Would be interested in the loud ones if you plan to sell them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ftwflh, I've had my 06 TC for 2 1/2 years and really like it except that I'm 5'8" and wish I could lower the bike an inch or two. You mentioned that you put a lowering clevis on yours, what is a lowering clevis and how much did it lower your bike?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ftwflh, I've had my 06 TC for 2 1/2 years and really like it except that I'm 5'8" and wish I could lower the bike an inch or two. You mentioned that you put a lowering clevis on yours, what is a lowering clevis and how much did it lower your bike?
Here is the link on this forum
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=5989
It is sticky in the tech section
It lowered mine about an inch and a half.Made a huge difference.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm just over 6' and if I put both feet on the ground on my 04 TC their not flat on the ground lol.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts