Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Does anyone make a big bore kit for the 2001 v92c anymore? I've been lookin all over but can't seem to find any except for the freedom engines. links would be great

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
There never really was a big bore kit for the old Hammer motors. Most common upgrade was a set of high compression pistons and a set of 402 or 420 cams. PMRT can hook you up with a 100" set up, but it is gonna cost a ton of cash.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's odd, when I had my last vic I could have sworn I saw big bore kits available, but then again that was about the time the freedom engine came out. Is it worth the time and effort to do the high compression pistons and cams in your opinion Kevin?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I can make you a 100" big bore kit if you like. I've done a ton of them, but a real screamer will take some serious money. Like more money than swapping in a Freedom motor with engine work would cost. Some guys like to keep the original motor though and I accommodate them.

The Victory kit was only for '02-'05 92/5 bikes.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do appreciate the offer, but I don't want to break the bank too bad. A little extra snort is all I'm really lookin for. I'll have to do some research on the high compression piston and cam set up, to see how that is, and what all I'll need. While I'm wandering the information super highway any input from people who have experience would be awesome

·
Registered
403 Posts
I do appreciate the offer, but I don't want to break the bank too bad. A little extra snort is all I'm really lookin for. I'll have to do some research on the high compression piston and cam set up, to see how that is, and what all I'll need. While I'm wandering the information super highway any input from people who have experience would be awesome
No one makes drop-in pistons anymore. Not that you want the J&E's anyway, it turned out that they weren't a very good piston after 25,000 miles or so.

I can still get the Andrews cams, but the pistons will be the problem. I don't even think that Lloyd has any high compression 92" pistons left for the Freedom motors. You could use stock Freedom pistons, but PreFreedom motors with freedom pistons alone on the stock prefreedom rods yields about 8.0 compression.

So what I've been doing is swapping to a Freedom crank and/or rods to take advatage of the longer rod length. Then you can use either stock or aftermarket Freedom pistons and get decent compression. Last few I've built had Freedom rods and custom 100" bore and pistons intended for a Freedom.

With some goodies from PMRT these motors ran awesome, but you can imagine the amount of labor to put in a new crank, and spec out the whole motor. The end result was worth it though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts