Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The V92C fenders have pretty much the same shape as the Harley Fat Boy on the front fenders and I am told they were patterned after them. I ordered the smooth chrome Harley Fat Boy tips off Ebay and they fit, but you have to take your time and don't rush it. The front tips fit perfectly. The rear fender tips are 7 inches wide and fit inside the pin stripes and do not fill the whole fender, but they look good anyway. I had to use "C" clamps to get them to follow the curve of the fender. I ruined the first one because the clamps put a dent on each side of the chrome. Use something like a small piece of plywood to spread out the contact area of the "C" clamp with the chrome, and use a piece of terry cloth to prevent scratching same. Center it and clamp it where you want it and then drill your holes. I wanted to post pix, but my camera has dead batteries at the moment. I will try to post pix tomorrow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
fender tip

what kind of fender rail is that? I like the combo , oh and where did you find the fender running light? I have been wanting to do something like that to mine and was thinking of starting fab work this winter, this would save me alot of time. LOOKS GREAT by the waycheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fender rails and light.

The fender bumpers were a Victory option. I found mine on Ebay for an unbelievable price. The fender light is a Harley 1950's repop that I also found on Ebay. Just go to Ebay and search Harley fender light. They are out there. Good luck:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes sir I did. Click on the hyperlink just above the above picture and it will take you to my photobucket page. There are several pictures of my bike there and one of them is a rear fender picture. I used a "C" clamp the first time to hold it in place while drilling the holes and dented the first one on each side. If you use a "C" clamp, use something to spread out the clamping surface area so it isn't all concentrated in one spot, and use a piece of terry cloth, or microfiber to prevent scratching.thumb up

Good Luck,
Barry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rear chrome fender tip

Thanks for the info on the front fender tip. Knowing that I can use the tip from a Fatboy helps.
I recently bought a lot of Vic pats on Ebay. I don't think the guy knew what he had. Hell, I don't even know what some of it is, but there were two rear fender tips (new) in the lot.
I am keeping one for my 2001 V92, but if anyone would like to buy the other, it is available. I'm thinking $50 + cost of shipping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
V92 Rear fender tip.

Yes, I still have it. I was just getting ready to put it on ebay.
I think that is the safest way to make the transaction. Do you "do" ebay? I feel that you would feel safer buying through them AND I would feel safer selling through them. When I post it on ebay I can let you know it's there.
Anyway, send me an email [email protected] and I can send you a picture or two.
It's very nice - no dings or scratches whatsoever. I won't say it is 'new', however it is obviously never used.
I have held it up to my rear fender and it is a perfect match. A very hard piece to find. As it is too heavy for normal postage, it will ship in a flat rate box (I think that costs $12).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts