Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 V92C-deluxe and when I run the Vin# it comes up as a Kingpin. Are they one in the same? Can I use Kingpin accessories?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I can't answer your question.But, I know that one of the upgrades to the old bikes is to put a newer Freedom motor in it.Did it have a heart transplant before you bought it?Maybe it has a computer out of a Kingpin.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I have a 02 V92C-deluxe and when I run the Vin# it comes up as a Kingpin. Are they one in the same? Can I use Kingpin accessories?
Do all VIN#s match? Did you check frame VIN, engine, etc?

·
Registered
12 Posts
my 99 V92c vin number says that it is a kingpin also... Mine is pretty much all original. I can say to make sure of fitment, before buying kingpin stuff for it though. I bought a set of bars that said they were for kingpin, and they didnt fit my V92c. Unless there was a mix up with the bars, I don't think everything will fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Funny, when I renewed my registration and insurance a few weeks ago, mine came up the same way. I thought it was a DMV mistake until reading this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Funny, when I renewed my registration and insurance a few weeks ago, mine came up the same way. I thought it was a DMV mistake until reading this.
Happened to me when I was checking around for insurance on my '02 TCD. I gave Progressive my VIN, and he came back and said it was a Kingpin. I told him no, they didn't even MAKE the Kingpin at that time. He asked me to hold while he asked someone else. Came back and said yes, it was a Kingpin. Now I was getting pissed, and told him I had an '02 brochure in front of me, (which I did) and NO, IT WAS NOT A KINGPIN! He said it didn't matter, they had my VIN and it would be ok. I said no thanks. Found out my brother in law ALSO handles Progressive, and had him check. He said my VIN came back as a TCD. Weird.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just bought a 03 V92C and it also says its a kingpin. Gieco insurance said it was....so I found a website to run the vin myself and it still came up kingpin. But its not...its a barebones V92C.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Progressive Kingpin

The story is the same. I got a quote online from Progressive for a
V92C before I bought the bike. When I finally picked up the bike and gave them the VIN, they said it was a Kingpin and charged me an extra $100 for the year. Just a way for them to charge us more I guess.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The story is the same. I got a quote online from Progressive for a
V92C before I bought the bike. When I finally picked up the bike and gave them the VIN, they said it was a Kingpin and charged me an extra $100 for the year. Just a way for them to charge us more I guess.
Unbelievable. Guess I better get a quote somewhere else. Never thought it would make a difference in the rate. I'm paying as if it were a Kingpin and not V92C. Guess thats what I get for being a faithfull customer for over 15 years with at least 3 vehicles insured at a time and no claims whatsoever!!! Thats my reward. Gieco....Bastards.

·
Registered
76 Posts
D in Maine, I didn't mean to steer you away from Progressive. I have y car insured elsewhere. But for my Victory, they were still the cheapest. I am paying $600 a year, where the next closest quote was $800 (from Geico).

·
Registered
68 Posts
D in Maine, I didn't mean to steer you away from Progressive. I have y car insured elsewhere. But for my Victory, they were still the cheapest. I am paying $600 a year, where the next closest quote was $800 (from Geico).
No not at all. I have Gieco at $505 per yr, and just got a quote from progressive on line...for 275. And that was as a kingpin...wonder if it will be cheaper yet when I argue that its a V92C.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I went through the Kingpin deal with my Insuer too (Progressive) Didnt effect my cost.Still got full coverage on the Vic and liability on the HD for less than $350

·
Registered
537 Posts
My 03 V92C shows up as a Kingpin with GEICO. I wonder if it gets stolen or wrecked if they will replace it with a Kingpin...NOT!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
V92C Kingpin

I checked with 4 different insurance companies and my Vin for my 99 V92C comes back as a Kingpin, I just stayed with progressive where i have my Yamaha with.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You guys are lucky... allstate couldn't even find mine at all right away. I pointed to the parking lot lol. My agent was standing next to my bike and the guy on the phone still said it didn't exist!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Kingpin V92 VIN mixup

I had the same thing happen to me with Progressive. I think we've got a class action lawsuit in the making

1 - 20 of 21 Posts