Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had alot of time messing with my bike and doing maintenance... I ran across a diaphragm on the left side of the throttlebody with fuel inputs on the bottom and a open connection on the top... Something tells me it should be hooked to something... You can see it just to the left of the TB (I cleaned it)...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2000, Id appreciate any help! Something tells me it is probably the cause of my overly rich idle and afterfire when I let off the throttle between gear changes.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I can't see anything like that on my bike. I would try to get a service manual for your bike and see if it has anything about that in it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the factory victory service manual.. Probably the least useful service manual I have ever purchased. Nothing in the manual about it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You could maybe try putting a cap over that port and see what happens. I have no idea what that could be

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it is some form of vaccum compensator for the fuel pressure. But there are a few different vaccum sources and it may need to be metered. I have seen the diaphragm with the TB for sale on a bunch of fleabay auctions, so it is original.. Im at a loss.. If it wasnt such a pain in the ass and risky (fuel tee) to remove the tank id just try a fee different setups..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey Jason2o, what did you find out about it? My 99 v92c is the same way, it also seems to burn really rich.
According to other users, nothing gets plugged in there... I am about to pull the tank off again to replace the throttle cables and I will experiment more on other possibilities then.

I have never seen such black butter flys. They need a great cleaning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOeH1UgzhQc
I actually cleaned them and did all the maintenance on the bike right after I took the picture.

-Jason

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just found this thread. I have a 2000 sc. I will also look when I get home. I think mine has a hose there but can't remember. I'll be home tomorrow though.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I asked the same question about that part on an 05 Vegas I had. Checked wiith several vic gurus/mechanics. No plugg. No hose. Supposed to be open. You're good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts