Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, thought I would introduce myself. I ride a 1999 v92c that I picked up from my wife's uncle this summer.

It's our first year of riding, something we've both wanted to do for years. I started out the summer on the Vulcan 500 LTD that we bought to be my wife's primary bike and a Shadow 750 that a neighbor lent us for the summer while he was away.

I felt a little nervous learning on a bike I didn't own, and wanted something sooner than later. About that time, I was at a BBQ at the Uncle's house and he mentioned the bike to me. The Vic is a bigger bike than I would have bought on my own, but he hadn't ridden it in a long time and gave us a great deal. Now that I have it, I am really enjoying riding it.

Anyways, I have been lurking around here for a while, and have found the forum very helpful. Thanks!

·
12,970 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I just stumbled upon TCVR last Friday. I'll go and sign up there as well.

I just rolled over 10K on the odometer, and I am debating as to whether to take it in for service or do some of it myself. I can certainly handle the oil/filter and throttle body. Might leave the rest for the pros.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thanks! I just stumbled upon TCVR last Friday. I'll go and sign up there as well.

I just rolled over 10K on the odometer, and I am debating as to whether to take it in for service or do some of it myself. I can certainly handle the oil/filter and throttle body. Might leave the rest for the pros.
Welcome and glad your own the road! Plenty of folks here to help you through about any scheduled service. I wold try to download the owners manual from ma Vic web sit, search BBob for service manuals and get something close to help you out. Heck, someone might even have it here. Then start a thread on what you want to do,don't be shy about it. And put that savings toward the bike stuff you know you want.

Safe ridin bud

Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and glad your own the road! Plenty of folks here to help you through about any scheduled service. I wold try to download the owners manual from ma Vic web sit, search BBob for service manuals and get something close to help you out. Heck, someone might even have it here. Then start a thread on what you want to do,don't be shy about it. And put that savings toward the bike stuff you know you want.

Safe ridin bud

Tim
Thanks man. Looks like the fork oil and seals aren't till 15k. Think I will do it myself. Grabbing oil and filters this weekend...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts