Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is looking for a Victory, but as a motorcycle mechanic student he has limited funds. He found a 01 V92C for under 2800. Mileage are listed at 9k but read that the memory battery for speedo can go and reset to 0 so I take mileage with a grain of salt. I did some searching and it appears that there are some electrical issues, trans issues and such.

It does not have the cushion drive recall done and it does need fork seals and other front suspension work but runs good.

What do some of you V92C guys think and any other recommendations do you have?

Cory

·
Registered
361 Posts
Great bike for him to hone his skills on. They can be difficult to figure out sometimes but they ride real good. '01's motors are the most evolved of the pre-Freedom engines. Seems like the cars/motorcycles /women that give you most trouble are the ones you most fondly remember. If he's up to challenge the rewards are there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Low Mileage

I have read the posts on the odometer issue as well. If I recall, the problem was mostly associated with the 99 model but was beginning to be rectified mid 2000. I also read the bad speedometers had amber signals and the newer ones have green indicators. You should re-read the posts to make sure I am remembering right. I just bought a 2002 with 10,000 miles on her so there is no reason to believe the mileage is incorrect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts