Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

I have a 1999 v92c, and purchased some used Victory saddlebags. They came with quick connect brackets.

The holes dont seem to line up.

Does anybody have any instructions for installing ? Please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I can not seem to move the bolts on the rear fender, is it anything special or am I just in need of more muscle ?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
photo of bracket

the quick connect holes line up with the 2 alan wrench bolts on each side of the rear fender. The 4 holes on the other side of the bracket do not line up with the 2 holes on the saddlebag.

I am guessing that I am either missing a bracket part for the saddlebags or I have to cut 4 holes in each saddlebag?

can anybody confirm for me?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Were those brackets not used by the person you bought the bags from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The saddlebags were new / never installed......lots of dust...probably sitting in for a few years.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ahh ok, you said used in your original post, that's why I was confused. Do you by chance have a picture of the back of the bags where they would connect to the brackets?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another photo

Here is a photo of the back of 1 of the bags. The holes match up with the bolt / mount spot on the rear fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sometimes have to install a set of fender rails if you want bags/brackets mounted on V92C-check ebay, they show up pretty regular. It looks like all your missing are the slotted bolts that replace the existing fender bolts that your ghost brackets then lock onto & it looks like drilling some holes in the saddle bags is in your future.

·
Registered
682 Posts
If you do end up drilling holes in the bags to attach the brackets, I would suggest putting silicone or rtv around the bolts once they're attached to prevent water from getting in the bags

1 - 10 of 10 Posts